Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Taxes are done!!! (I hope)

Here's the Saturday sky 7:20 AM I slept so well last night. And I dreamed that I had inherited a huge, run-down 1890 mansion in a stunning location. It was full of beautiful, beat-up furniture, all sorts of vermin, and multiple dumpsters full of junk. I rolled up my sleeves, comandeered the services of the resident squatters, and started cleaning the place up. And when we had made a good start, DH took me out to the nearby cliffs and took me hang-gliding. It was a marvelous, marvelous dream!! I woke up sooo happy! I also woke up a lot later than ususal. Mostly I hop out of bed at 5 and hit the floor running. Today, the kitties couldn't kick me out of that sweet dream untill 7. DH continues to snooze and good for him! He needs it. Besides, he can do anything he wants after giving me that awesome hang-gliding trip. Woohoo!!

I worked all day Thursday pulling the taxes together. Finding the proper forms and assembling the necessary numbers. Then yesterday I stuck the whole boiling into the mail and sent it off to our accountant. I would rather clean toilets in a public rest-stsop than do taxes. At least I know how to clean toilets. But I get the tax data together with a sense of visiting-the-dentist anxiety and low-level panic that is worse than being followed by a police car on the freeway for 40 miles.

So I rewarded myself with some more fun with colors, using up left-overs from the cranes quilt. This pattern is called "Bento Box." I didn't make it up and in fact, I've already sort of twisted it awry, but isn't it fun?

I'm going to see what I can do with a bunch of other scraps as well. I have some greens that should play well with this, and maybe some other colors. If I put them on a black background, it should be a Carribean carnival on a warm southern night. Where's my fruity rum drink with the little umbrella?

3 Comments:

  • At 9:20 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    The sewing looks fun. And the blocks are interesting. I esp. like the one on the lower left.

    Happy Saturday!

     
  • At 9:56 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    What excellent colors reminding us of spring...if I wish really hard, maybe I can go hangliding in MY dreams

     
  • At 6:25 PM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    I hate getting the taxes done, too. I always leave it until late March, early April because we always have to pay. And I always feel bad for not contributing more to charity or the 401k's or the IRA's. But this year we're actually getting money back.

    I LOVE your color sense.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home