Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, March 20, 2008

What can you do with a mitered square?

You can pick up all around the edges, placing stitch markers at the corners and decreasing two stitches at the markers every other row till you have only 100 stitches left. Then you work a couple inches of 2/2 rib and celebrate -

- your jaunty new hat! Even my photography assistant approves of it. (Though he tells me I should ahve put up a nice solid-color background. Maybe next time.

Meanwhile, for Lucia and Georgia O'Keefe, magnolias looking so suggestive . . .

My, you certainly look happy to see me!

Hail the return of Persephone! The vernal equinox is upon us! Woohoo!



Wish me luck. I'm starting our taxes today.

10 Comments:

  • At 3:52 PM , Blogger Bells said...

    Oh that hat IS jaunty! How lovely!

    And spring is coming! I can feel the relief all over the northern hemisphere from all the way down here.

     
  • At 5:25 PM , Blogger Kate said...

    Our first daffodil bloomed today, I was so happy to see it when I took out the trash. I'm also glad to see that someone else knows the old legend behind the seasons changing! I did a report on Persephone once for sixth grade history.

     
  • At 11:50 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    How wonderful--a jaunty hat and a dapper, somewhat horny flower:-) There is nothing like a sexy front yard!

     
  • At 8:14 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I haven't done the taxes either. I have been telling myself there is plenty of time. I can't believe I'm down to only a couple of weeks. I love the look of the trees and bulbs when they are just about to burst. It's all about the potential, baby.

     
  • At 9:39 AM , Blogger Alwen said...

    Hello, fellow yardage weaver!

    Until I finally learned to knit, weaving yardage was one of the ways I could get my hands busy enough to really think. I love having my whole body that busy and letting my mind go.

    It's spring, and Julie's enthusiasm is starting to re-ignite my love for weaving. I have to break through my ADD tendencies and clear off the loom bench so I can finish the warp that's on there.

     
  • At 2:27 PM , Blogger Lucia said...

    That hat is vaguely reminiscent of Q's on Star Trek: TNG, but much more colorful. I may need one.

     
  • At 2:28 PM , Blogger Lucia said...

    Oh, and very nice magnolia pix. They do look rather enthusiastic, don't they?

     
  • At 5:35 PM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    You are so freakin' talented. that NEVER would have occurred to me to make a hat out of a mitered square. Love the flower photos.

     
  • At 7:49 PM , Blogger Kate said...

    Hey, cool idea! I might have to give it a try at some stage.

    We had a big blow last night and when I took Til out for an airing this morning I was forcibly informed that the equinox was upon us. The plane tree leaves had been turning brown most steathily and we had to wade through lots of brown crunchy goodness at the curbs!

     
  • At 8:36 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Taxes??

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home