Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I'm back

DH, whos favorite garden tool is the flame thrower, wanted to do some yardwork on Sunday, but couldn't find the chain saw. (Did we loan it to you? We can't remember.) So instead, he made do with the long-handled clippers, and set to work, teaching the tilting plum tree a lesson it will never forget, and admonishing intrusive branches all around the yard. Evidently the magnolia showed incipient signs of overhanging the path of the lawnmower, so, whackety, whack, he clipped it back. I salvaged a few twigs from the yard debris can and stuck them in a vase in the window where they opened and shared their fragrence with us all.

However, this vase has an opening wide enough for a kitty to stick her face in for a drink, were it not for all that annoying foliage in her way. Pepper, being the young amazon that she is, takes matters into her own claws.
There are bowls of fresh water all over the house, but evidently she likes the flavored stuff. Tastes like magnolia bark. Yum.


Due to a bedgetary shortfall at the college, Monday was my last Monday at work, and Tuesday was my last full Tuesday. Next week, more time to blog, knit, write. Less money to promote the books, buy yarn. Ah, the trade-offs.
Administering GED tests does give me lots of time for mindless knitting, though. A hat


And an EZ baby surprise. Buttons, buttons, what kind of buttons?

5 Comments:

  • At 5:45 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    My husband would love a flame weeder. I, however would love for him not to have one. I bought him a brulee torch for Christmas figuring he could start small. He tries to flame everything in the kitchen except brulee which he hates. This is not boding well for the flame weeder!

     
  • At 6:09 PM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    THAT color and style sense that puts wonderful touches on a hat and makes it a fabulous hat.

    As for the pruning and whackety, whacking, I've SEEN Sweetie's pruned, ah, items. That's why I did it when we wasn't around. So sorry, They'll grow back. Eventually. Meanwhile, it's ART!

     
  • At 7:28 PM , Blogger Kate said...

    I'm ROFL at the 'weeding'; it's the only kind of gardening my beloved knows! He pulled out an entire bed of violets thinking theu were weeds last winter.

    One day I really want to get back to the BSJ but at the current teething rate this will be some time around 2020!

     
  • At 7:40 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    I'm with everyone else--the 'weeding with a flamethrower' is my favorite kind of gardening!!!

    And that sweater looks glorious...

    You and I shall have to figure out some $$$-free ways of book promotion, since we are on the down-side of the economic swing as well...but my stash is big enough for both of us...I'll be happy to destash on you any time you like:-)

     
  • At 10:45 PM , Blogger Janette said...

    Great hat, gorgeous kitties.

    How typical of a cat, have to drink from every bowl, vase or tap.

    Still no internet connection, almost a month now, with no resolution in sight. Wish I knew what the problem was, we are still paying for "a service"!

    Hope you got your Easter goodies! xx

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home