Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Friday, March 07, 2008

oh, fiddle dee dee!

I woke up feeling just not up to snuff yesterday morning, but ignored it. My friends are coming to knit, and I have so much to do! I cleaned, and found myself getting more and more pooped and feeble. Then as I was wandering a a bit of a daze throug the grocery store I noticed there was Jello in my shopping cart, abd I had to bow to the inevitable. I never buy pre-made Jello unless I'm sick. And today I feel like crap on a cracker. Fever, cough and flooding sinuses. Now I have to call around and canel. Rats!! I even had the table set already, so let's at least have a virtual party, OK?


For Lucia, an elegant setting with classy french cats on the cup.

For Dave, ai don't have much in plaid or the greeny/browny tones you like except for this cammo cloth placemat. Enjoy!

For Janette, Calm classic blue and white. Sit down, have a sip and a chat with us, and let someone else ride herd on the adorable grandbabies for a bit.
For Lyssa, Dragons on your napkin ring, and a big cup so you can enjoy lots of your caffeine of choice.

Amy, tell us how the Ladybug and the cave troll are doing, and then we can create the jockstrap of punishment for the prickweenies at school.
Kate, Something pink and frilly for you and Tilly. I love the glaze on this hand=thrown mug. Wish I had been the one to make it.
Willow,yellow and blue cheer for you.

And beloveds, I'll have to stop here, because I'm just too weary to continue. I am imitating the seven dwarves: Sleepy, Sneezy, Dopey, Grumpy, Achey, Whiney and Snot. Happy trails, troops!

11 Comments:

  • At 2:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    apropos of Wed.'s photos..

    Oh dainty triolet,
    Oh fragrant violet,
    Oh gentle heigh-ho-let
    (Or little sigh)
    On sweet urbanity
    Through mere inanity
    To touch their vanity
    We will rely.

    Come on, you know what that's from...
    I have lots of viola odorata blooming too. It is very tough - some gardeners, more anal retentive than I, consider it a noxious weed.
    I love it. When I was little, it was often blooming in sheltered areas for my mother's birthday late in Jan.I made her little bouquets - one year a cake decorated with violets. I miss her so much.
    And we missed you this morning, Roxie. Thanks for breakfast!

     
  • At 5:05 PM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    Marvelous table settings. Hope you feel better soon.

     
  • At 10:03 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    I'm planning to enjoy my tea in the morning from that wonderful blue mug--my color!

    Get well soon my friend.

     
  • At 2:07 AM , Blogger Janette said...

    Oh I'm so sorry to hear you are not well. Hope you're feeling better soon.
    My computer is still down ... talk about withdrawal symptons!
    I was so hoping your surprise would reach you in time for the weekend, but I guess hoping 5 days to the US is a stretch for any postal service.
    Love your place settings and thank you so much for including me. xx

     
  • At 5:17 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    Wow, that virus made it all the way across the country. It is devastating my workplace not to mention my family. I hope you feel better soon. And you set a lovely table.

     
  • At 8:43 AM , Blogger Kate said...

    Illness seems to be sweeping the country; everyone I know is sick! I hope you fell well soon, Roxie. Take care of yourself.

    I love the place settings, by they way. The yellow and blue plate is my favorite!

     
  • At 4:46 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    I'm so sorry you're not feeling good, darling, but I do love my place setting. I'll have a virtual blast at your table, but first you must get better:-)

     
  • At 4:46 PM , Blogger JulieLoves2Knit said...

    Oh gosh - to sick to party is pretty sick! Hope you feel better soon!

     
  • At 6:22 PM , Blogger Mary Sheehan Winn said...

    What a lovely post. The place settings chosen for each of the 'girls' are just so great!

     
  • At 6:28 PM , Blogger Kate said...

    Oh darls, what a bummer. Sorry to hear that your immediate future holds only tissues, jello and lemon juice. Get better soon : D

    I had to laugh when I saw Til's and my place setting. If only you knew how much I threatened folks with bodily harm if they bought Tils pink prezzies when she was born. Nobody paid any attention and, blast it, pink *really* suits here. That and the colour green. *sigh* Happily, people haven't cast it up on me too often :)

    And I love that mug's glaze and shape. Lovely and rounded and kida happily wistful. Imagine a colourway in those colour!

     
  • At 11:22 AM , Blogger Lucia said...

    Ooh, love the cats! They even look just like my younger two, except that Callie has very little if any white on her.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home