Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Another orphan sweater ready to go

Ok, so it still needs blocking. But all seams are sewn, and the pocket is placed. Blue Moon's Blueboo with Cascade dark gray. Two rows of gray and one of varigated. You need a circular needle to do this if you are using only two balls of yarn and knitting stockinette flat. The sleeves are alternating rows. Again you need a circular needle. I'm wondering what else I can do with a circular needle, knitting across a row, then pushing the work back and knitting across the row again with another color/ stitch pattern / ???

If you enlarge the picture you will see some little harbingers of spring snuggled up under the out-stretched arm. Go ahead. Click on the picture. I'll wait. Dumdeedumdum. Dumdeedum. Yep. Those are violets. These are purely volunteers. I have no idea how they got there, but good luck to them!

(sings) "Sweet vi-olets. Sweeter than all the roses. Covered all over from head to toe. Covered all over with - - - sweet vi-olets!"

For dinner last night, DH fixed me a delicious dinner of poached cod and steamed rice with herbs and good flavors. We eat in front of the TV. I sat down, and Jack decided that the fish was all his. Your life is not complete until you have been mugged by a three-legged, half-blind, geriatric cat. You 've got to give him credit for high hopes, determination, and cunning. I finally relented and gave him the last few forkfulls. OH did he chow down. The fish fairly flew off the plate. As for the rice, well it's amazing how he can suck off all the fish flavor without actually eating any of the rice. He was a satisfied old cat last night. May I have as much success in getting my way when I'm old and feeble. May we all!

6 Comments:

  • At 8:25 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Hurray for old cats who teach us good life lessons!

    Hurray for purple blue violets!

    Hurray for Roxie who knits perfect rows of stockinette stitch without rowing out!

    Hurray for the lucky orphan who gets that sweater!

     
  • At 9:41 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Love that cat!

    And it sounds like a lovely b-day. (We eat in front of the tv too--it's the only place in the house we all fit.)

    "I'd give you violets, but they withered all when my father died." Hamlet (there's a better quote in there for violets, but I can't remember it!)

     
  • At 6:23 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I have volunteer violets all over my yard. I think the neighbor with the perfect lawn looks upon them with disdain but I love their happy little faces. Who says lawns have to be perfect little grass blades all marching together? And Happy Happy Birthday! You make 58 look gorgeous.

     
  • At 8:38 AM , Blogger Lucia said...

    How about a four-legged, fully blind, mostly deaf one? The only part that always worked perfectly was the nose for yummy people food.

     
  • At 6:29 PM , Blogger Kate said...

    I hope that my violets continue to volunteer. H.I. is iggerant of virtually everything to do with gardening and he ripped them all up under the mistaken belief they were weeds. Bugger.

     
  • At 4:08 PM , Blogger kathy b said...

    that is an incredible sweater. very very generous

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home