Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Monday, January 28, 2008

Ten things I like about me #7

I like that I have smart fingers. I give really good massages, because my fingers find the tight spots and know just how hard to work them. I don't give massages to people I don't like because my fingers also know where the hurty spots are.

And my smart fingers can do simple knitting while my brain goes someplace else. I don't even need to watch them.

Our desktop computer has been infected with Trojan Horses. DH went to a web-site to get some weapons for killing demon cows, and the Trojan Horses followed him home. They are viruses that pretend to be helpful warnings and actually are causing the very problems that they offer to fix for you, for a price. So the desktop has gone in to the Geek Squad and is getting virtual chicken soup and aspirin, and the laptop is our only e-resource. I may have a bit of trouble staying in touch for the next few days.

Meanwhile, I have a snow day. I should be driving fourty miles awy and spending the day at the jail, but I don't drive well in snow, and there is ice and accidents all along the route I would be taking. So I'm staying home. It's not worth it to risk my car and myself out on the roads with all those idiots. The schools are all closed, so that tells me things are pretty ugly.

What shall I do with my free day? Sleep? Piece a quilt top? Write? Clean house? (Har de har har!)

Last night I finished a nice scarf. this is the first time I have ever added an eye-cord edging after the scarf was knit. I love it. I loves it so muches! It was easy to do and looks sooo finished. See?

7 Comments:

  • At 12:21 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    Clean house? Not even in the running. A snow day is like found money. It's bad luck to do chores, unless they are chores that you enjoy. As much as I don't wish a weather centered disaster on anyone, I would love to have just one snow day. We haven't had one for so long.

     
  • At 12:36 PM , Blogger Lucia said...

    Such a pretty scarf! And basketweave always looks so much harder than it is. Smart you.

     
  • At 1:13 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    A weather day would be lovely. I'd like to order one for next week, Wednesday, maybe.

    Very nice scarf. Since you loves loves it so muches, you should keep keep it for your self.

     
  • At 2:07 PM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    What a great scarf!

    Getting out in that weather when you don't have to is not worth it. Good call.

     
  • At 2:45 PM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Poor computer. Hubby says, run AVG it's free.

    Lovely scarf. Happy snow day.

     
  • At 3:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    oh yes, a snow day is a free day, like Donna Lee said. Lap it up. Enjoy every freely given second of it!

     
  • At 9:36 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    What a lovely scarf, darling! And 'smart fingers'--that's a wonderful way of putting it. My fingers are not as smart as yours, but I'm very dogged. I'm pleased to hear that someone out there has 'smart fingers' instead of just 'tenacious' fingers:-)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home