Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Things that I like about me #4 & #5

I have never been known to spoil a good story for the sake of the truth. But I do try to honest with myself. Everyone has blind spots, and I'm sure my friends could list a bunch of mine - and I wouldn't mind hearing them either. You can't make progress until you know where you are.

Then, after being honest with myself, I like that I am able to forgive and accept. BECAUSE it makes it easier for me to forgive and accept others as well. Have you ever noticed that the things about other people that make you nuts are the things you have trouble accepting in yourself? As soon as I figured out that I live in modified squallor because I'm dead-butt lazy, I became a lot more tolerant of poor housekeeping in others.

There's a tiny spring-fed pond on campus. The other day, on my way to work, I stopped to see how the freeze is setting in on it. Behold, I give you Goldfish under glass.

5 Comments:

  • At 6:21 PM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    "Have you ever noticed that the things about other people that make you nuts are the things you have trouble accepting in yourself?"
    Yes, exactly. And I'm more likely to cut them a lot more slack than myself. We are so hard on ourselves. We would shame someone else right down into the ground if they were that hard on another person.

     
  • At 2:36 AM , Blogger Kate said...

    OK, call me an iggerant southerner (because, hey! I am) but does "under glass" mean under ice? Does this mean that the goldfish, aka carp, are now deady-bones, aka fish fingers?

    And I've long been aware that I'm as untidy as a mad-man's breakfast but it's a very clean mess : )

     
  • At 9:59 AM , Blogger Norma said...

    Yup, that's Psychology 101, apparently. I still hold others to a higher standard than I hold myself. hahahahah. KIDDING.

     
  • At 11:16 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    It's kinda like how other folks' farts stink way more than your own. Yea, I know, fragrant image. My parents keep a carp pond and the fish live all winter under the ice.

     
  • At 9:23 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    My friend keeps gold fish in the horse trough (so they eat the mosquito larvae) and one winter, one of the little suckers got frozen actually IN the ice. Wendy defrosted him, and he swam around on one fin for about three more years. (We don't know why it was only one fin...was his teeny-tiny brain damaged? Who knows...)

    Now see, the best part about blogging is that we see each other's faults written circumspectly ad philosophically. (If you're an Elinor...those of us who are Mariannes apparently wear our flaws out on our big ruffled sleeves!!!) Anyway, the result is, none of my blogging friends have any faults at all!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home