Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Friday, January 18, 2008

Where has my Friday gone?

I settled down at the computer at 8AM to quickly jot down a bit of a poem, and then, just a quick idea on the new novel. The next thing I knew, it was one o'clock, I was cold, stiff, hungry and I really, really had to whizz. Sometimes, the world in my head is so much more absorbing than the place where my body has to live.
So, as promised, here are the short-fingered gloves I just finished. Now I'm knitting a very basic stocking cap to match. k2,p2 rib. This is made with two very similar shades of green, alternated each row. I might even be able to do that while waiting in line to see "Walking with Dinosaurs" the animatronix show that is touring the nation. I'll let you know how it goes.

Here we have a picture of the number one favoritest cat toy in the house. For years, I thought it was just a nice sash. But the last time I took it off, Pepper spotted its serpentine possibilities, stalked it, snatched it, and raced away with her prey trailing after her. Ben could in no way resist that wriggling critter, and went leaping and pouncing after her. Every time one or the other of them picks it up, they are good for at least twenty minutes of aerobic activity. Kitties are your best entertainment!!

2 Comments:

  • At 4:16 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Kitty love!
    The gloves look great and the recipient will highly value both the hat and gloves, if what I have heard of Portland weather lately is true.

     
  • At 6:09 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    The gloves look wonderful--and I love watching kitties play--even when they're playing with my stuff! I also love getting wrapped up in my own book! I've taken about five days off of bmoonii--and now I'm itching to get back!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home