Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Squeezing in anaother post while I can

Last night it rained like a firehose turned on the world. Then it froze. The college, along with most of the schools in the area, is opening 2 hrs late due to hazardous road conditions. So I have been hitting the computer with glee, catching up on everyone else's blogs and clearing some of the fluff out of my e-mail box. (Note. If you send me something that says I have to forward it, I won't. Especially if something awful is supposed to happen. It hasn't yet.) I have had kitty assist in my labors, and some of my blog comments were spelt a bit oddly due to helpful little paddy paws tromping across the keyboards. Oh, and kitties who lounge on the space bar get summarily ejected.

In spite of the Januaryness of it all outside, I have daffodils that are up a good four inches. I do hope they don't freeze their little buds off! They are my favorite first flower. I have lots of favorite flowers, but the cheerful insousciance of daffodills delights me! (Can you tell I've been hitting the "Free Rice" vocabulary site?)

But it's time to get into harness. I love these bonus free hours. I get so much done when I didn't expect the time!

5 Comments:

  • At 10:25 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yay for unplanned free time. And for getting caught up. I need that one of these days.
    Be careful out there, you people in the northwest aren't accustomed to New England weather.

     
  • At 3:17 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    I promise I won't tell you that it's 72 degrees and sunny today.
    I nearly swooned in Trader Joe's today when I saw the first daffodils! I love them too.

     
  • At 3:21 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    "Come wind, come wrack, at least we'll die with a harness on our backs!" Ah, MacBeth... but who can regret a moment writing?

     
  • At 5:57 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I have some crocuses (croci?) coming up and I worry about their little buds. I haven't seen the daffodils yet. They are my favorite as well. I don't forward things as a rule unless I think someone may get a kick out of it. Somehow I always picture the northwest as frozen all winter. I guess I must be thinking of Alaska.

     
  • At 8:03 PM , Blogger JulieLoves2Knit said...

    A little Ice and Portland has drama! Sorry - it was cold clear and beautiful on this side of the mountains!! But Daffodils are a long ways off!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home