Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Monday, January 21, 2008

Hopeful

The sun is shining today. It's colder than a dead eskimo, but oh my how I love that sunshine!! On sunday, we went to Costco for a stocking up run, and every time we go to Costco, DH insists I get flowers. So I chose pink tulips. And now, with the sunlight in them, don't they look hopeful?


A couple weeks ago, it was snowing a little up at the college and I got attacked by a poem, which sort of fits in today.

Hopeful

The wisteria vine, overhanging the door,
where warm air gusts out with lies of spring,
has begun to sprout into this late wet snow.
Each vinelet is hung with melting drops
like crystal balls holding the world, inverted,
rimmed with light.

And now I am going to throw myself back into book #4 and try to get at least a thousand words written. Happy days, dear hearts!

8 Comments:

  • At 11:30 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    That's us, darling. Writing 'hopefully'!

    Your poem is beautiful:-)

     
  • At 1:40 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    I love tulips (I know, you chose them for me) and the colours are beautiful. They certainly are a breath of spring on a frigid day!

     
  • At 5:38 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    The poem is just right for today! (except we have cool wind and clouds, not snow). The tulips shine with the light in them.

    BTW, tomorrow I'm having someone look through my aran sweater pattern, just to make sure it's done right. Then, it's all off to the judge again...

     
  • At 8:23 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    My husband insists on flowers when we go to the "big box store" to stock up. Out here it's BJ's. I love tulips. I am afraid the squirrels have eaten all my bulbs and I won't have any this spring. We are having frigid weather and cold cold rain. Blech.

     
  • At 9:12 AM , Blogger Lyssa said...

    Good luck with the writing!

    I used to get flowers whenever I went to Costco, but that just incites Leo to flower (and vase) killing rages. Eventually I kinda gave up.

     
  • At 9:12 AM , Blogger Lyssa said...

    Good luck with the writing!

    I used to get flowers whenever I went to Costco, but that just incites Leo to flower (and vase) killing rages. Eventually I kinda gave up.

     
  • At 1:08 PM , Blogger Lucia said...

    You're so much closer to spring than we are! Lucky you.

     
  • At 5:57 PM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    LOL! ... dead eskimo... LOL!!!

    With the chuckle and tulips my day is made! Pink tulips are one of my favorites.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home