Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Ten things I like about me

We are far too prone to think ill of ourselves. It's important to celebrate and acknowledge our good points. And so I am starting a meme. Ten things I like about me. Feel free to do this, especially if you are depressed. It's harder when you are depressed, but it's SOOO good for you!!

One: I like my creativity.
This is the sweater I knit for my Master Knitter's Certification. I started at the bottom front, knit over the shoulders, reversing the cables, and knit down to the bottom back. I'm proud of the way the side seams make horseshoe cables.

And I'm especially proud of the way I figured how to knit the shawl collar in one piece with the rest of the body of the sweater.

Then I picked up sleeves and knit them down, and finished with two (2!) only two seams to sew!

What are some things you like about yourself?

8 Comments:

  • At 10:23 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    What I like about me is that I get to be friends with someone cool like you.
    And that sweater is FANTASTIC! Such cabley goodness.

     
  • At 1:23 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Wow, Roxie! I wish we lived closer together so I could SEE and FEEL your fiber creativity. My aran sweater looks boring and ordinary compared to yours! I like your creativity too.

     
  • At 6:11 PM , Blogger Norma said...

    Wow, that sweater is FAB!

    I like that I can laugh at myself.

     
  • At 6:35 PM , Blogger Kate said...

    OMG! This is such a humbling achievement to witness. It looks so warm and comfortable and generally fun to wear. I bet you get asked a lot where you bought it from! As for only 2 seams - words can't express how impressed I am : )

    Incidentally, you were right. Tilly ganered enormous compliments and I don't think anyone looked at me. Just as well. It turned out to be a lunch reception and I couldn't wear the shrug as it was too warm. So I wore linen and got rained on and was crumpled for the rest of the day. Hmph.

     
  • At 8:51 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Wow! That is the most marvelous, magical sweater! (You really are Sanna, aren't you!)

    And I like that you like me for a friend:-) (Although I'd have to rank Mate, T, Chicken, Ladybug, and the Cave Troll up on the top of the list--if they like me, I must not be that bad:-)

     
  • At 2:26 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    The sweater is amazing. I like the 10 things I like about myself theme. I want to give it some thought. I have only in recent years discovered that I like myself (I was not raised in the kind of family where we were encouraged to think along those lines,we might get conceited and all).

     
  • At 6:00 PM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    I like that your so creative and you share that with us. That sweater is amazing!!

    I like the simple creativity I have with socks.

     
  • At 8:27 PM , Blogger Denise said...

    Wow, what a JUMPER! I'm seriously gob-smacked!

    I like your thinking behind the 'What I Like About Myself' meme. Great idea :D

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home