Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Ten things I like about me

I like my playfulness. When I was fifteen, I saw some kids getting off the short bus (for the special needs school) and one of the girls -about my age- had a red plastic lunch box that she was so pleased with. She was swinging it and smiling at it and every so often she would give it an approving pat. The girls I was with laughed at her, in that snotty furtive adolescent way girls have, and it occurred to me that the simple girl was a lot happier than we were. I didn't defend her or tell my pals how shallow and dumb they were, but I resolved to go ahead and enjoy things that make me happy, even if other people might laugh at me. I'll never be cool, but I am often happy.

I had so much fun knitting my white cable sweater (shown yesterday) that I decided to have even more fun and knit it in color. This is the sweater for Intarsia, Warrior Knitter! Her purling can save the world. (You can see the warrior-princess bracelets knit in pink on the upper arms.)

Like most of the coutry, we are having a cold snap. I hate to be cold, so I made a funny hat to cheer myself up. Let's hear it for playfulness.

5 Comments:

  • At 4:11 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    At least when we look back and see where we fell short we can appreciate how we've changed.

    Intarsia cables - you're way more woman than me!!

     
  • At 6:04 PM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    Your expression makes me grin! The hat is a winner!

    LOVE the sweater! AYAYAYAYAYAY!!!

    And I bet you made up the pattern for both sweaters! YOU are amazing!

     
  • At 8:29 PM , Blogger Denise said...

    Playfulness is SO important, and so often lacking in life - one of my husband's favourite presents ever was a book of kiddy 'Space Jokes' that some friends gave him (he's an astrophysicist).

    Great hat - and when can we expect to see Super Intarsia Woman flying overhead?!

     
  • At 3:17 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    I love that about you too!

    And for some reason the story about the red plastic lunch box made me really sad.

     
  • At 9:58 AM , Blogger Norma said...

    *I* love your playfulness, too!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home