Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Shoesday catch-up


Did I mention that I'm disorganized lately? I totally forgot that yesterday was shoesday. These are my grown-up shoes. I wear them for dressy occasions only. They aren't very comfortable, but they do make me look like a lady. These shoes are old enough to vote. There's a lot to be said for investing in the timeless classics!






Knitting has been going on. Here is another baby surprise sweater with matching hat to go to the orphans in Romania. I'll have to start hitting the garage sales for buttons pretty soon. Either that, or buy some Fimo and make my own.

Speaking of giving, the pay it forward thing ? If you want to play, just copy and paste the paragraph about it from yesterday's blog, post it on your own blog, and send me your address. You have to actually ask to be included before you get committed to giving three hand-made gifts away within 365 days. You can't get roped into this by accident. And oh, you adorable over-achievers out there - it will be a gift to the rest of us if you rein in your tendencies to excell past all bounds. You know who you are. The people who knit a tea-cozy, then have to include a tea pot to go with it and a matching cup and saucer and sugar and creamer set, and a silver spoon, and a pound of white Dragonwell tea, and six different kinds of home-made cookies and. . . . Just slack off a bit, OK? So the rest of us don't feel pressured? I thank you, and your recipients will thank you as well.

And we must have the mandatory kitty pictures. Aren't they getting big? The hunt for the red bug always shows them at their best. Ben is long and skinny right now. Pepper is solid, compact and faster than the camera can handle!

I'm listening to Mannheim Steamroller CDs right now. DH bought tickets to their up-coming performance. They do a rockin' show!! What to wear, what to wear? Comfy shoes, since we likely will walk several blocks from the parking lot. So I build up from there. It will be a cold night, probably wet. Boots to start with. And how about a long white skirt since we will be pedestrians and it's safe to be visible. Hmm, turtleneck because the auditorium is always draughty. Oh, the silver turtleneck sweater, and my white chiffon poncho with silver sequins! An ear warmer, a parka, and we're good to go. I know there are cities where people have pretty dress coats to wear to special occasions, but Portland isn't one of them. Everyone wears parkas everywhere. Unless you want to be readily identified as a recent transplant. Then you may as well just carry an umbrella, too. No one who actually lives here owns an umbrella.
NOw I am going to watch the finale of Dancing with the Stars and sign Christmas cards. Happy trails to one and all!


8 Comments:

  • At 11:48 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    But I love my winter coat. I waited for it forever. It's red and it looks really good on me. I feel fashionable and cute. I do have to wear the heavy coat (parka) most of the winter because it may not snow much here in NJ but it sure is damp and freezing. We have a couple Mannheim Steamroller cds. I love their christmas music.

     
  • At 4:08 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    AUUUGH! Christmas cards!!!!

    Oops...sorry...starting my panic early... anyway, the shoes are gorgeous--I may pass on the 'pay it forward' idea...life too hectic, no need to borrow lightning bugs. I thought I was the only person on earth who didn't use an umbrella. I'm so thrilled... I should move to Oregon!

     
  • At 4:49 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    You are ahead of me again this year on Christmas cards. I bought them LAST year and stored them with the Christmas things. Haven't even gotten the boxes out yet. I refuse to be distracted by cards. Gotta take that test first!

     
  • At 4:49 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    And about the umbrellas: native Oregonians would NEVER EVER carry an umbrella!

     
  • At 11:57 AM , Blogger Lucia said...

    Yeah, you had to mention Christmas cards.

     
  • At 10:31 PM , Blogger Bells said...

    nice grown up shoes. Rather like a pair I have. Everyone needs a pair of elegant grown up shoes.

    Love the BSJ!

     
  • At 12:38 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Roxie, It's raining here today!

     
  • At 10:39 AM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    What a pretty sweater. And I like your grown-up shoes. Very classy.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home