Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Friday, November 16, 2007

Hate November.

Grey, gray, damp and cold. Short days, dying light, flagging spirits, ebbing energy and are you sure humans don't hibernate? All I want to do is eat and lie supine in the recliner, huddled under blankets and cats, reading or watching Perry Mason re-runs. I'm normally a cheery person, and I will soon be gearing up for the holidays and then, after solstice, I can always tell myself that the days are getting longer. That invariably helps. I count my blessings and keep myself hydrated and think positive thoughts, but man I hate November!

This weekend should mark the turn-around for my grumpiness. At a fund-raiser auction, MJ and Rick bought a black tie gourmet dinner with conversation at a local celebrity's home. Since the dinner was for four guests, and since it is scheduled for DH's birthday night, Rick and MJ are inviting us along. We will get out the tuxedo and one of my formal dresses, and put on our shiniest manners. I will turn the "Charm" knob up to "dazzle," and with any luck, this should be a delightful birthday dinner for DH. bless his dear, dear heart!!

That's for saturday. Then on Sunday, DH is cooking a turducken. That's a turkey, stuffed with a duck, stuffed with a chicken. This one has cajun spices. We are inviting a crowd, because there's 17 lbs of meat to dispense with. This should be another fun party. I just have to clean house and set the table first. Oh, and bake a carrot cake and make a salad. Gleep!! And all I want to do is lie supine in the recliner, huddled under cats and blankets, eating cheese and almonds, and reading or watching Perry Mason re-runs. Hate November!!

8 Comments:

  • At 8:42 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    Aww, I love November. The shortening days encourage cocooning and hot chocolate imbibing and book reading and knitting and movie watching. Although, I will admit that I love it when the days get longer come spring, too. I guess I am just easy to please. There is a gorgeous blue sky out there today and my office (which doesn't get much sun because of the rather large condo building next door blocks it) is getting reflected sunlight (from said condo) and that never fails to make me feel good.

     
  • At 10:53 AM , Blogger Tara said...

    Where would one procure a turducken?

     
  • At 11:25 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    erk...my weekend is back to back social commitments...and all I want to do is knit and watch all the stuff I've dvr'd and hold the babies on my lap...

    And I'd still have to clean the house...trust me, I feel you.

    and the turduckhen sounds a lot better than the tofurkey my mother-in-law makes for Thanksgiving.

     
  • At 12:55 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    I am leaving in an hour or so to make the trek back up the 5 and the 99 to Visalia again to finish moving the girl.
    A little huddling, snuggling, reading, sipping, snoozing would provide a nice respite.

     
  • At 5:07 PM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    But it DOES sound like you have it under control, if only barely. Pet some wool and some special cats and sit in the afternoon sun by a window with a cuppa.

     
  • At 5:07 PM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    Notice I didn't say what could be IN the cuppa! ;-)

     
  • At 6:33 PM , Blogger JulieLoves2Knit said...

    At least it's half over! Enjoy the rain!

     
  • At 10:06 PM , Blogger Shan said...

    I wish I could do the same thing in November. It's what I really love about November. Have a great time with both your dinners. Turducken fascinates me and has since I read an article about it several years ago.

    Also drop me an email - fairyblogmother at sympatico dot ca so we can sort out your book win!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home