Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, November 25, 2007

It's on sale!

I just got an e-mail from Grandma Flea in Australia. she says, "Hi Roxie, I ordered Sanna and the Dragons from Amazon a few minutes ago." So anyone who has been holding off can go for it now! both Amazon and Author House have it available. The international shipping is pretty awful. Amazon has better international shipping rates. Author House has better prices.
Dave suggested I sell signed copies, but I went and shipped a bunch of cookies yesterday, and holey crow! Shipping rates are harrible!! Next year I think I'll send a check and a recipe.

Dave Daniels suggested that I sell signed books. I'd be happy to, but can't imagine how to price them. I mean, I'm worth it, but still can't justify the necessary shipping and handling fees. If you want a signed copy, let me know, send me your address, and I'll sign a book plate for you to stick in the book you buy from Authorhouse.

On the knitting front I am working slowly on a baby surprise sweater, and thinking about what I want my latest batch of hand spun to be. And what will I knit on the plane. In two weeks, we will be getting ready to embark on the Carnival Destiny for a Caribbean cruise. (Don't worry. We will have a house and cat sitter.) Much as I hate knitting socks, they really are the perfect travel knitting. But maybe something a bit less than perfect would do. Maybe the green silk mitered modular top . . .

8 Comments:

  • At 10:17 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    squeee!!! I'm going to buy it RIGHT NOW... I was honestly thinking of setting up an ETSY site for my books...I've had some queries for signed copies as well. And as for perfect travel knitting? Hats. Lots and lots of hats....

     
  • At 11:03 AM , Blogger JulieLoves2Knit said...

    Wow - you really had an exciting Thanksgiving - lots to be thankful for! Hurray on the book!

     
  • At 11:59 AM , Blogger Norma said...

    Exciting news! Shipping rates are gonna kill us all. I used to buy, and occasionally sell, on eBay, but no more! It's outrageous.

     
  • At 5:47 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    Congrats! How does it feel to have your book out there? Is it like letting a child loose? I have heard authors say that.

     
  • At 6:32 PM , Blogger Janette said...

    Hi Roxie

    Your first book is available from The Book Depository in the UK for £7.15 with FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE.

    http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/WEBSITE/WWW/WEBPAGES/homepage.php

    The Book Depository always has free shipping and that's where I purchase 99.9% of my books. Great prices for books too.

    Sanna and the Dragons does not appear to be available at the moment, but I'm sure it will be soon!

    Hope this helps everyone.

     
  • At 7:29 PM , Blogger Janette said...

    I forgot to say CONGRATULATIONS!

     
  • At 5:32 PM , Blogger Bells said...

    this is all very exciting! Congratulations!

     
  • At 5:48 PM , Blogger Lucia said...

    Yay! Gotta go buy it...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home