Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Yippee! Yayyyy!!! The book is available!!

What a wonderful Thanksgiving! My second book, Sanna and the Dragons is now available from Authorhouse Books! http://www.authorhouse.com/bookstore/ItemDetail.aspx?bookid=46395

It's cheapest from Authorhouse, and won't be available from Amazon, or Barnes and Noble, or any of the other on-line stores for a couple of weeks yet. If you were looking to give someone a sweet Christmas gift, you have time to order it now!

Today is Thanksgiving in America. DH and I are sleeping in this morning, then getting dressed all purty to drive out into wine country and share a feast with C and J at at ritzy french restaurant. Cafe Maisson, or Bistro Superb or Le Feedbagge or something. We usually spend thanksgiving with C&J as they are also childless and family free. We can enjoy stress-free celebrations.

Yesterday, I had a 9:30 dentist appointment to get a fourty-year-old filling excavated and replaced. I am SUCH a sissy about dentists! But my current dentist is a dear, gentle, young mother, who speaks softly and encouragingly to me, chats quietly about all sorts of distracting things, and gives me lots of painkillers. The old filling had begun to errode and a new cavity was developing on the "buckle cup." (Say that out loud. Doesn't buckle cup want to be in a nursery rhyme?) She replaced the old silver composite stuff (which was made with traces of mercury back in the day I was getting fillings) with a nice white substance which matches the color of my tooth. Wow - cosmetic molars!!

So I took myself home with half my face numb and stiff, sat down on the sofa to plan the rest of my day, and fell asleep for three hours. Woke up when DH got home, then fell asleep for two more hours. Ate dinner, went to bed early, and slept for nine more hours. Woke up feeling quite rested! I think I may have had a benign reaction to the painkillers. At least I didn't gnaw my tounge while I was sleeping. Sometimes, when I'm up and about, and anesthetized, I wind up biting the inside of my cheek or the side of my tongue by accident, and don't realize it till I taste blood. (that may be too much information, Roxie.)

Did I mention that my book is now available? Squeee!!

Tomorrow is known as Black Friday. I have been told that it is the biggest shopping day of the year, and for many stores has historically been the first day when all their expenses for the whole year are finally balanced by income, putting them, "in the black." All income from now till New Year's Eve will be profit. No wonder retailers hit Christmas so darn hard! You don't need to go to the mall to buy my book, though. (grins!)

Wishing everyone a wonderful holiday, and may every turkey you encounter be stuffed and roasted!

6 Comments:

  • At 7:19 AM , Blogger Janette said...

    Congratulations on the second book!!!!
    Have a wonderful Thanks Giving too. xx

     
  • At 9:16 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Congratulations Rox!!!

     
  • At 11:04 AM , Blogger ismarah said...

    Dear Roxie,

    Having found you from Amy Lane's blog I thought I'd check out your books and buy them if they sounded interesting.
    Unfortunately, none of the links work at the moment (when this is posted), not from your blog and not from authorhouse's own internal pages.

    You might want to get someone on that?

     
  • At 10:32 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    EEEEE! I'm so excited about Sanna's new book! I may wait until it comes onto amazon--just because I have an account there, but I may not be able to make myself wait that long either!!!!!!! (I'm also sort of pleased that I got you a possible new customer! You and me and synergy, darlin'--it works!!!)

    I hope that your Thanksgiving was rocking--you know the Cave Troll was born on Nov. 15th...we've been calling him a Thanksgiving present, but thanks to his Holiday-hangover behavior, we've been calling him our own little Thanksgiving Turkey... (And I did not know the reason they called it 'Black Friday'--since I'll be out in it, it will be a good thing to know!!!)

     
  • At 3:12 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    CONGRATULATIONS!
    I *so* cannot wait to buy my copy. (The last one was like a cliff-hanger, and I MUST see what happens next.)
    Hey, have you ever thought of selling signed copies?

     
  • At 2:30 PM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    YEA!!!! Just placed the order for mine.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home