Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Friday, November 30, 2007

Ahh, Friday


Baskitfull-o-naps. I has it.
Hooray for Friday! Hooray for impending weekends for all! Except for DH who has been stuck with mandatory overtime. BOOOO!!! Major bummer for him. And we were hoping he could get some extra rest before the cruise, because the cross-country flight is grueling, and he's prone to motion sickness. Oh, well, we'll make do. I am carrying ginger cookies in my bag. Ginger is a soverign remedy against motion sickness. And I am carrying trail mix. And bandaids. And a note book and a pocket book and clean underwear and our prescriptions and some OTC meds and my knitting and a spare pair of glasses in case I lose my main pair, and as the trip progresses to warmer climes, I will be peeling layers of clothing and stuffing them in the bag . . . My purse is 24 inches by 30 inches by three inches and can weigh in at about thirty pounds by the time we reach San Juan. Of course, on the way home, it lightens up as I add extra layers, eat the food, abandon the completed paperback book . . .
We are leaving in a week. Excited? Me? You betcha!!
The weather gurus are predicting a winter storm with snow, then big winds. The rain has been hitting the windshield in suspiciously thick drops all day. Just as long as the freeze holds off till we get home from the concert, I'm happy.
I sent off four poems to a poetry competition today. Getting back on the horse as it were. May your weekend be full of rhyme and reason!

6 Comments:

  • At 4:35 PM , Blogger Pat K said...

    What a sweet kitty picture! How exciting to be going cruising. And what a master packer it sounds like you are! I'm going to remember that ginger cookie trick.

     
  • At 5:11 PM , Blogger margene said...

    Thank you for your lovely Holiday note! That kitty looks so comfortable...don't you wish you could sleep well anywhere!? :-)

     
  • At 6:04 PM , Blogger Janette said...

    Oh my goodness - Ben! Kitty heaven obviously. What a life those kitties have at your place.

     
  • At 10:00 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    You can also get candied ginger slices at Trader Joe's for a stronger 'dose'.
    What an adorable kitty picture!
    And yes, thank you so much for your rain order. It arrived in good working order; please order another one just like it, to be delivered on the weekend (so kinders can go out to play at recess, thereby making my life easier).
    Enjoy your cruise!

     
  • At 8:16 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    awww... I want a basketful of naps too! (What I end up with is a drawer full of shredded underwear. Don't ask.) I'm excited for you...you can be my cruise by proxy...I'm so happy you get to go soak up the sun!!!

     
  • At 10:41 AM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    It's fun anticipating extra special things such as your cruise. Planing and speculating out loud.

    Hooray for the poems and Good Luck!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home