Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, June 07, 2007

You're not working. Run some errands.

DH needs a glucose meter. And he has a shirt at the dry-cleaners. I need to stick a short-story in the mail for a local contest and with the new postage rates, that means a trip to the post office. As long as I'm out, and about and burning gas, we can use some milk. From there, it's just a short hop to a LYS and a selection of yarn to knit my SIL, Arleen a sweater. My bro bought her a gorgeous new silver, onyx and turquoise necklace, so I'm thinking something is shades of turquoise to show it off. Something to flatter her ultra petite, skinny little shape. Hmmmm. . . Isn't it wonderful how everything leads to knitting?

The tank top is pinned up on the blocking board. I hope to be able to wear it to Stephanie McPhee's book signing at Powell's Books tomorrow night. I'll be the one in the saucy little hat, just starting a black and orange sock, and braying with glee like a jackass in alfalfa.

Meanwhile, Blogger refuses to do pictures. Bad Blogger!

8 Comments:

  • At 12:43 PM , Blogger Susan said...

    You get to run errands that include yarn shopping and see YH at Powell's Books? No, hmm mmm, I'm not jealous much at all. Hardly barely even the weensiest shade of

    KELLY bleedin' GREEN!!!

    (Wish I knew the HTML tags for changing font colors).

     
  • At 5:12 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Glee = Jackass in alfalfa
    could be replaced with
    Glee = Wannietta in Diet Cherry Vanilla Coke & rum with knitting

    (I'm a country girl but I've never heard that one - it made me LOL!!)

     
  • At 5:15 PM , Blogger Janette said...

    Hi Roxie

    Have a fabulous time with YH!

    Looking forward to the photos too.

    I owe you a letter. I always owe you a letter. I'll get there.

    Spoke to Flea yesterday. She's great, busy, packing, but still
    the lovely Flea.

    Behave yourself at the LYS.

    Green, me, .... xx

     
  • At 7:34 PM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    Have fun with the the book signing and the whole Stephanie experience. I'm GREEN with envy.

     
  • At 12:39 AM , Blogger Flea-Bites said...

    I'm thinking YOU need a turquoise and silver necklace to show off your beautiful tank top - put that one on the to do list. I love spending other people's money!

     
  • At 9:08 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    Powell's Books + Yarn Harlot + knitting = GLEE

    I'll be attending a family wedding and herding people around my new but empty house. Trade ya. Actually, I'm looking forward to seeing the fam, esp my offspring.

     
  • At 1:49 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Oh... bad blogger, I'd love to see it...but I'm SOOO glad you get to see STeph!!! How totally wonderful!!! You must tell us about it immediately!!!!

     
  • At 5:03 AM , Blogger Debu's Blog said...

    Don't worry what people says....

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home