Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

no rain at the moment

Yesterday had some typical(for us) June weather - it was cloudy and windy. Then ir rained like a cow pissing on a flat rock. Then the sun shone and everything was steaming in the heat. Then more clouds with the little drizzle that mists the windshield, but you can walk through without getting wet. Then hail. A very climatologically unsettled day. At work, we had reserved an extra-large room to accomodate the increased demand for GED tests to get people finished in time to participate in the cap and gown graduation ceremony next week. We could have stayed at the regular testing center. The no-show rate was between 20 and 50 percent! that means 30 people sign up for a test, and fourteen actually show. So I got a lot of knitting done. I should be able to finish the tank-top today.

But in the meantime, I have to get dressed and haul my broad backside off to the jail to take GED tests in to the inmates. Have a swell day, folks!!

3 Comments:

  • At 11:52 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Ah, June, when lovers wed and lazy sots who couldn't get their ass off the ground to actually do their school work are given one last chance by the government to redeem themselves... knitting season for the test proctor... bliss...

     
  • At 4:18 PM , Blogger Tammy said...

    Hey, what time are you going to be downtown Friday night? Kim and I are planning an afternoon of it and having dinner at PF Changs probably, would you be interested in joining us?

     
  • At 9:20 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    Ditto to Amy's comment. I met a young woman yesterday who couldn't be bothered during high school to actually attend or do homework as it was more important to go running or tanning. So now she is 18 and a first semester junior and wants to go to college. Ahem. GED?
    Adult night school? Go back to high school in new county? OK, done ranting.

    Roxie, you are amazing! I hope you wore an outrageous hat to jail. Not that you'll have a chance to see Paris, she got to go home after five days...sorry another rant...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home