Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Beach story part two




The salal is blooming beautifully.














Here is the place we stayed. Two stories with an ocean view from the tower. Three useable bedrooms and a fourth being remodeled. Upstairs living room, downstairs living room, three bathrooms, kitchen and dining area. Washer and dryer. Great house for beach parties.







Dinner with the full complement of eleven. Thirteen-year olds facing us. DH with back to the camera.


I did take a walk on the beach, but I didn't take my camera. Doh. Picture wind and solid cloud cover and brown sand and gray water.

And I didn't get raw oysters, but I did finish off the visit to the penninsula with a deep-fried oyster-burger. Blew the diet straight to hades!

Wanna stay are Rick and MJ's beach house? They charge about $50 a night because it's still under construction. there's a closet FULL of fishing gear.

5 Comments:

  • At 10:18 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    I didn't know the name salal for that bush...

    Do the 13 yos come with the house for $50? That's a low price for babysitting. Oh...you PAY $50 for the privilege of not having the 13 yos. Actually I usually like middleschoolers outside of school.

     
  • At 11:26 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    So. Beautiful. Must visit. Need to see ocean....

     
  • At 11:52 AM , Blogger Lucia said...

    It looks fabulous. Now if only I could get the whole summer off...

     
  • At 1:47 AM , Blogger Flea-Bites said...

    What a beautiful place to stay ..... I'll have to book a virtual weekend!

     
  • At 4:46 PM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    I bet the view is terrific. Anyplace with a beach and water is fine by me. Glad you got your oysters even if they weren't raw!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home