Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Friday, May 25, 2007

Dogwood days


Grandma Flea and Janette love dogwood, so here's a picture of our willing and lovely front-yard dogwood. DH bought it for me for a birthday present about twelve years ago. It was just about waist high then. Now, it's about fourteen feet high, and still growing.






Hardy green things are such a wonderful gift of love. Every morning when I go get the newspaper, I see this beautiful tree that he selected just for me. It makes my heart hop up and down for joy.










And for the color of it, here's a staunch pansy that wintered over or re-seeded itself or something. I have a planter box full of these bold and daring blooms. Yayyy Pansies!


We are starting to pack up for the trip to the beach for drywalling. I'm taking books and blankies and knitting and warm wool socks, scarves, hats, and a back-up pair of sweat pants in case the bedroom is just too cold to sleep in. (And you can never go wrong with back-up sweat pants at the beach.) For DH, I am also packing some Thermawrap heat pads and a big tube of BenGay. Of course he won't need them. Of course! But they'll be nice to have just in case. We are planning on buying a pan of ready-to-heat lasagna to feed the troops (There will be eleven of us) and since I'm lactose intoleranat and can't eat the cheese, I may just make a run to the fishmongers and pick up some raw oysters. Oh bliss. I have NEVER had too many raw oysters.

I will also pack the laptop and see if I can find a WiFi site. Fingers crossed!

7 Comments:

  • At 3:29 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    OKay...you're totally putting the lie to that 'brown thumb' thing...pansies? You grew pansies? Take a walk on the beach for me...and eat a few oysters too--it sounds like heaven, even with the dry-walling... (which I too would bow out of, just for the safety of all involved.)

     
  • At 5:49 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    I love pansies! Amanda & I are going to have to get ourselves together and start planting!!

    Have a great weekend!

     
  • At 5:56 PM , Blogger Flea-Bites said...

    You must have magic thumbs to get your pansies to winter over - I have trouble keeping mine through spring! - not enough sun where we live.

    Thank you for the dogwood photo - what a wonderful gift from your DH.

    Have a great time at the beach - I feel cold just thinking about having to wear extra trackie bums (as some uncouth people downunder call them - that wouldn't be my family, would it?) to bed, but I love walking on the beach at any time, as long as I'm rugged up in winter.

     
  • At 9:08 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Enjoy the weekend! You can have my raw oysters, each one.

     
  • At 9:18 PM , Blogger Flea-Bites said...

    I have ordered your book through Amazon - I first tried the author house site, but the postage to Australia was around $36US!!!!!! Amazon was very reasonable and is probably a better place to sell through in terms of your public publishability profile when you are next looking for a publisher (hope that makes sense). Enjoy your time at the beach.

     
  • At 8:20 AM , Blogger Janette said...

    Hi there!
    The kitty in the previous post is utterly gorgeous. Do love the fluffy kitties.
    Thank you so much for the photo of the dogwood. Do love that plant/tree. It always reminds me of the movie starring Annette Benning - The American President - I think.

     
  • At 9:05 AM , Blogger JulieLoves2Knit said...

    Thanks for the comment - the red-hair is the dead give away! Luckily they think it's wonderful. I almost had a Black frost morning - watching the 11:00 news last night they said the temp would be down to 28 - mad dash to bring all the hanging baskets and pots in the house or cover with sheet tents - looks like a florist shop in here - but the ones that had to stay out in the cold are fine - Central Oregon weather for you!
    Enjoy the beach!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home