Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Friday, June 08, 2007

knit power!!

"The Oregonian" our local paper which covers the whole state, has a picture of Stephanie McPhee in the living section, front page, above the fold! Big and in color. Folks, we rule!! (http://blog.oregonlive.com.knitting/) I'll be wearing my new far-seeing hat (made it yesterday. Hope the eyes stay stuck on the stalks!) and it will totally clash with the turquoise tank top but that's ok since I'll have a raincoat over all anyhow. I'm taking the camera and lots of pictures will be forthcoming. Better charge the batery now while I'm thinking about it.

speaking of pictures, here are those final shots from our trip over the pass last weekend. Crooked River Gorge is a local landmark. There are three bridges spanning the narrowest part.
One is the old railroad bridge which has been there since WWII. On the upper left you can see some of the wayside /rest area/park.
One is the new highway bridge which is strong enough to support triple trailers and thousands of cars a day.
And one is the old highway bridge which had become unsafe for heavy loads and was beginning to suffer metal fatigue from use it was never designed for. It has been retired and turned into a pedestrian bridge.
In spite of the signs and warnings, and a knee-high wall all along the cliff edge, someone manages to die there about once a year. A climber rappelled off the end of his rope about a hundred feet up. Ooops. Drunken idiots try walking the wall and teeter the wrong direction. Lover's quarrells end badly here. The place holds a certain morbid fascination. And, darn it all, it's still right purty!
.

6 Comments:

  • At 9:09 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    And to think someone has suggested that maybe knitting is on the way out and knitting books won't sell anymore. Huh! I'll look for your picture on YH's blog!

     
  • At 9:40 AM , Blogger margene said...

    Just looking at the pictures is scary;-)

     
  • At 1:51 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Yeah...I'm with margene, looking at the pictures makes my heart pound faster...

     
  • At 7:05 PM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    Thanks for the link to the paper.

    The scenery is pretty. I like the river. Your bridge pictures are good.

     
  • At 5:00 AM , Blogger Debu's Blog said...

    thanx for the creatures who create this fantastic art....to help the people for long life....

     
  • At 6:11 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    That looks very high up - I think that the sign has it backwards. It should read:
    - Supervise pets at all times
    - No children allowed beyond this point

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home