Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Monday, June 11, 2007

Rip and re-knit? Not this old chick!

As before, here is the blended fiber sweater which has, somewhere, "gang agley." Now, if you are squeamish, skip over the next picture. It may cause the overly sensitive to feel all oooky.


Yep, we cut through three vertical rows of knitting and then snip the first stitch of the first row of cotton after the tencel, bamboo stripe. I'm going to insert a couple or three inches of cotton over the shoulder, and extend the rows of vertical knitting along the edges.

Here I am picking out that first row of cotton and picking up stitches as they come free. further photos tomorrow as the work progresses.


On other fronts, DH, bless his princely heart, took me shopping on Saturday because I am going nuts trying to find some black or charcoal grey silk yarn somewhere in the city. Do you know why I can't find it? There isn't any here!! Moreover, no one is eager to order any for me. So, to console my frustration, we made a stop at Lush for a bubblebath fix. They have the most sophisticated, hedonistic bubblebaths, which all come in dry cake form. I'm stingy, so I take a five dollar cake of bubble bath and break it into five or six pieces, crumble my small portion directly under the running water, then apply my wire whisk to the frothing mass to get five or six baths from what is intended to be bubbles for one. The fragrance is blissful, all natural, and cruelty free. I used to be in love with the one called "Hot Milk" which has a vanilla, almond, cinnamon sort of whiff. but now, I am enamored of "Green Day" which is an artfully composed blend of cedar oil, rosemary, maybe a little clary sage . . . I reallllllly didn't want to get out of the tub! So what is my favorite fragrance? Generically, it would be lavender. Specifically, it would be my sleepy DH on Sunday morning. But for comercial fragrance, it would be Lush's Green Day bubblebath.

8 Comments:

  • At 3:19 PM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    You are adventurous and talented. I would maybe knit the sweater the way you did out of two such different fibers but you're a more game knitter than I, taking scissors to it to fix it. I would have just frogged it. But then on second thought . . .

     
  • At 4:02 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Good on ya Roxie!!

    Hot Milk sounds like Chai - mmmmm ... chai!! I feel more relaxed already just thinking about it.

     
  • At 9:14 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    mmmm... cedar... very sexy... (and I'm feeling pretty ooky, but I'll recover:-)

     
  • At 12:58 AM , Blogger Denise said...

    Good luck with the alterations - I've done similar things to my hubby's jumper when it was too short. Better to fix it, so you can wear it!

    I miss baths .... we have very strict water restrictions here (in the midst of a log-term drought) and while we *can* have baths if we want to, I feel too guilty about running all that water into the tub.

     
  • At 2:16 AM , Blogger Janette said...

    Girl - your've missed your BLOGAVERSARY!!! JUNE 8th.

    Happy Blogaversary.

    Put a link in your sidebar for your books too! xx

     
  • At 8:53 AM , Blogger Lucia said...

    Adventurous doesn't begin to cover it. Yikes.

     
  • At 9:48 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    ooky doesn't adequately describe the feeling I'm having. heebie-geebies, maybe, or weak and dizzy.

    Unfortunately, if I used any fragrance around my dh, I would not be his favorite smell--all those allergies... so no bubble baths for me :(

     
  • At 7:38 AM , Blogger Bells said...

    oh yeah. Lush. Very good stuff. I agree with Jejune - kinda hard to have a guilt free bath here lately. But when I do, I choose LUSH. :-)

    I did feel a bit squeamish looking at the cutting - but then, I do plan to steek at some stage, so I shouldn't.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home