Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

popup paws

RW is going to be one of those ski-patrol angels who rescue hurt and frightened people, and he needs to wear a red jacket. So I figured, he could use some red gloves to go. Pop-up paws give lots of warmth AND dexterity. They're just a pair of short-fingered mits with a flip-over cap knitted on to the back. And they have extra long cuffs which do wonders to retain warmth.


This is a good replication of the color. It's Weally, weally wed!


This shows how the finger-tips are freed when the top pops off.


I had some of that mystery mohair blend left, and less than a ping-pong ball sized ball of left-over Lorna's Laces Lakeview. Added to that was a space of time when I could do mindless knitting that didn't need to be watched. And hey, look, another sock! Named, of course, "Lakeview in the Mist."

3 Comments:

  • At 2:37 PM , Blogger Lucia said...

    Very nice! And vewy wed. You are knitting up a storm (so to speak) these days.

     
  • At 4:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oooh I LOVE the Pop-up gloves -- just what I need -- something to warm my widdow finders until I need to adjust my binoculars while birdwatching. Where, oh where do you get the pattern?

    {Roxie, you rock!}

     
  • At 11:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    What gorgeous mitts... must think of those next Christmas!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home