Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Monday, December 18, 2006

feast or famine

I know, no blogging for nigh onto a week, then two blogs in one day - and this has a plethora of pictures!

We start with one of the complications of my blogging - My desk.


You will notice it is rather thickly scattered with cats. That's because it is right over a heat vent and right in front of the window.


And how can you be so selfish as to deny such dear,

sweet, adorable,

stubborn,greedy kitties such a premium nappy spot? So I have to cover the laptop with cat-baffles to prevent hairball damage. Then, when I uncover it, I have to persuade the kitties not to walk on it. I still haven't grocked the idea that each kitty is the consummate center of the universe and should also be the center of all my attention. Therefore, if my attention is centered somewhere NEAR a kitty, they kindly assume that I simply have bad aim, and helpfully place themselves IN the center of my attention. Kitties are like that.


And then there is the meterological phenomena. It has been rather warm and wet. Then a cold front blew in. The college is several hundred feet higher than home. High enough to spend time in the bellies of the clouds on occasion. High enough to freeze. Fog froze on the bushes.

And on the Oregon Grapes

And continued to form thicker borders of rime for the 6 1/2 hours I was proctoring tax boards. It's like lace edgings. Wayyy cool! I live in a wonderful place.

Tomorrow, pop-up-paws and hey-look-another-sock!

4 Comments:

  • At 6:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Awwww, you're using a cat bed area as a desk, that's sweet. You know you just want to be near where all the good action is. And they are kind for tolerating you. But, really, that is so cute. And those frosty pics are great.

     
  • At 4:39 AM , Blogger Janette said...

    Roxie, the kitties are gorgeous. They look so comfortable and cosy. What a great life they have.

     
  • At 2:39 PM , Blogger Lucia said...

    I love those leaves... they make me want to go knit some lace.

     
  • At 11:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Never, ever underestimate how good it is for you to spoil your kitties. (Trust me on this--you'll regret not doing it later.) Great pictures, Roxie--keep 'em coming...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home