Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Monday, December 18, 2006

I've been a dead possum

First, there was nothing to blog about, then suddenly there was too much going on and no time to blog. I have been proctoring tax boards (five hour tests with people who very much want to be tax preparer) and taking GED tests in to the county jail. And I am wishing I could get the camera to make pictures that look like what I see. There is definitely a learning curve on the photos.

But life is good and I am smiling all the time. A heckuva windstorm blew through last week, with lots of rain, but our neighborhood didn't lose any big trees, didn't lose power, didn't even lose shingles. We lost a few garbage can lids up and down the street. Why can't you buy just the lids? The garbage guys (Who are stud muffins in soiled bib-overalls) save their backs by doing this clever trick where they step on the lip of the lid, it flips up, they grab it without bending over to the ground, and slap it back on the can. Unfortunately, this breaks down the plastic really fast. And we need tightly fitting lids, because the raccoons will pillage, rape and burn if they can get just one of those clever little black leather paws under the lid.


Raccoons are not dear little Disney characters. They are viscous, rabies carrying, verminous, cat-killing thugs. The Vandals have nothing over raccoons when it comes to wanton destruction and random havocs. But that's just my opinon.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:03 AM , Blogger Lucia said...

    Do they really kill cats? I wasn't too keen on them anyway, but I had no idea.

    You can't buy just the lids because that would be too cheap and easy and would not put adequate surplus plastic into the world.

     
  • At 12:45 PM , Blogger Pat K said...

    Numerous years ago we used to camp out on the islands on the Georgia coast. Besides the dive bomber mosquitos I still remember being awakened all night by the sound of raccoons throwing all the garbage cans over.

     
  • At 2:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Have you seen "Over the Hedge"? You MUST see "Over the Hedge"!--it will reinforce every anti-raccoon thought you've ever had in your life!!! (too funny:-)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home