Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, December 10, 2006

How did it get to be Sunday already?

This cold knocked me down, stomped on me and did a little dance on my chest. Just can't seem to get my energy back. Probably because I didn't lie down and accept the wretched thing when it first hit, but decided to be brave and soldier through with drugs and will power. As a consequence, I will be dragging three trails all month no doubt, trying to get the old zing back.

Luckily, things were so slow on Friday that the other gals let me go home early. I had time to herd the dust rhinos into the garage, terrify the black mold in the bathroom with a spritz of Clorox and a flourish of scrub-brushes, and get the table set. On Saturday morning, all I had to do was clean the litterboxes yet again, bake some scones to make the house smell good, and put on the kettle for tea. Tamara brought: 1.star-shaped sugar cookies that melted in the mouth, 2.cardom-flavored shortbread cookies,3.ginger-nuts, 4. the world's best toasted hazlenut biscotti, 5. warm apple muffins, 6. jam-filled thumbprint cookies, 7. a bag of clementines, 8.a home-made pannetone with butter and jam.



Isn't that a gorgeous table?



I finished the tube socks using the mystery mohair and Dave's wonder-dyed sock yarn. Halley and her mom Pat joined our knitting group, and Pat asked for a closer look at the socks. Halley was enthralled, so I asked her to model them for me. "Mom, they're so fuzzy! Mom, they're squooshy! Mom, they feel really good. Oh, mom, they're so warm!"

She wasn't hinting at all. She's not that kind of girl, but she loved them so much I just had to send them home with her.



Anyhow, I've already started another pair using white wool instead of the blue.



And, because I love kitty pictures, here's a basket full of Candy.

4 Comments:

  • At 6:01 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You set a very pretty table.
    I also notice a strange lack of dust rabbits under your furniture. Would you like to have a breeding pair? I have lots.
    I don't mean bunnies, mine are fully grown rabbits.

    Tim in Portland

     
  • At 11:35 AM , Blogger Yeah So said...

    As if I need to be reminded as to why I read your blog - food, yarn and kitties, sounds like a blast!

     
  • At 12:28 PM , Blogger Lucia said...

    The new pair looks beautiful. So pretty! So soft and warm. So squooshy and comfy.

    It's not working, is it? Drat.

     
  • At 5:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    mom, they're so pretty...mom, I really like that cat...mom, they're WOOL SOCKS AND THEY'RE AWESOME...(No, I'm not hinting, not at all...) But, hey, since I'm on the blog, I'm still locked out of my jago_ji e-mail, where I kept your address... (don't need to keep the envelope, no, I've got the address in e-mail...eesh.) Can I get your address again at shaggy_mac@hotmail.com, because sometime after I mean before Christmas, I'm sending out cards... you're on my list:-)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home