Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, November 30, 2006

What I did on Wednesday

I went to work.


Here is the sunrise I drove into at 7:30.



And here is how the light rose behind me in the west.


I was up bright and early so I could take GED tests in to the jail. It was 28 degrees when I got into the car, but happily the roads were dry, so traffic rolled along quite nicely.

The tests went smoothly, and I was able to make it to my writers' group in good time. And one of our group has completed her NaNoWriMo novel. The NaNoWriMo is National Novel Writing Month - a challenge wherein all participants attempt to write a 50 thousand word novel in a month. Aubra did it in 27 days. Then, according to our group tradition, she brought in goodies to celebrate. Usually it's a bag of bite-sized candy bars. Aubra brought in made-from-scratch apple muffins with apples from her family orchard. She does all this while studying full time and playing in the local youth symphony. Oh, did I mention that Aubra is 17? And she writes like a flaming genius!! Her new novel is titled, "The Black Bull of Norway." I hope this one sees publication!

Home at 3, and time to catch up on some CSI episodes on TIVO while I finished a scarf for our favorite waitress.



She wears lots of peridot green, so this should work well. It took two skeins of Sensations Petalo (60% nylon, 40% cotton) and two skeins of Lion Brand Fun Fur Prints. I used size 11 needles, and knit with one strand from each skein, held together. I used the no-counting long tail cast on. You just measure out three times as long as you want the scarf to be, put in a slipknot, then start your long-tail cast-on. When you get to the end of the tail, turn and start knitting the work. I just garter-stitched the thing lengthwise. It's dense, but not heavy, and oh so fuzzy! Machine wash cold, dry cool. The fun fur is on sale at the local Joann's I might have to go buy more.(Succumbing to the lure of the dark side . ..)

2 Comments:

  • At 6:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    hey--nice scarf! And it's good to see you're having fun with the camera! Since i'm still not in e-mail, (which means I still can't access my e-mail addresses) I'll tell you here that I got your Christmas card and the kids and I thought it was AWESOME. Bryar was very impressed by the fish, and Trystan liked the underwater picture--thanks for starting off our holiday season right!! (Bryar was VERY impressed by the bookmark--"You should do that, mom!":-) Anyway--thank you, it was wonderful to hear from you--this is all the fun of pen pals I missed in school.

     
  • At 4:47 AM , Blogger Lucia said...

    Good woman! After making a total of six scarves for the school auction and a couple as gifts, I have renounced eyelash.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home