Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

After the holiday



Here are two more finished red scarves. One more to go, and then I start with some quickie Christmas knits. I have a request for a willy warmer(for a friend of a friend), but that will have to wait till Valentine's day.

Yesterday, I finished the Christmas cards, addressed, stamped and sealed them, and dragged them out to my patient postal person. She's a DEAR!

Then I took the thouroughly pulverized vanilla wafers and commenced with the rum balls.



This is what I use for rum balls. Note the microwave. Saves all that messy double-boilering for the melted chocolate chips. Note the quart of rum. Yum. Note the normous bowls. I make rum balls in quantity!



And here we see the result of my labors. These tins are FULL of rum balls. About twenty POUNDS of rum balls. Now they ripen for two weeks, then they get portioned out and shipped away (except for a few that go to work with me, a few for the locusts that DH works with, and a few for the elegant ladies of the Ladies' Knitting and Philosophy group.)

Oh, crap! It's snowing again. Punishment for rum ball hubris no doubt. Apologies to everyone who loves this downy white precipitation, but all I see is freezy skid stuff. I gotta drive up the hill tomorrow to take GED tests to the jail. The road crews had better sand the heck out of every hill in Oregon City is all I can say. Else you will hear the wails of anguish and the terrified cursing all the way to Boston and points north.

Does anyone else scream in their car? Alone? While driving? Can you keep your eyes open while doing so?

3 Comments:

  • At 11:21 AM , Blogger Lucia said...

    Oooh, rum balls. Are you willing to part with the recipe? Are they less messy than truffles? I have a feeling I'll be called upon to make truffles again this year.

    I don't often scream while driving, but when alone I do sometimes come up with imaginative descriptions of other drivers. (I don't want to offend the kids, and if DH is in the car he almost always drives.)

     
  • At 5:15 PM , Blogger JulieLoves2Knit said...

    The drive - Redmond to Camp Sherman has been interesting - tons of snow in Camp Sherman - scary but so pretty!!!g

     
  • At 5:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oh yes--I keep my eyes open while screming in the car frequently--it usually sounds something like "Kewyn--what do you want? What are you doing? Why are you making that noise? Stop that!" Sorry about the snow...it's been in the low 50's here (yeah, I know, call the wah-mbulance) but I'm already tired of being cold.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home