Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Monday, November 20, 2006

Some knitting content



Today's blog is brought to you by the blue-striped grunt. Don't you just love the names for these fish? Almost as delightful as the wonderful colors and patterns they wear.



Here you see the product of a weekend's knitting. You can see the whoopty-12 needles stuck in the ball of yarn. I have the same size in circulars with aluminum tips, but the feel and sound of the wooden needles is so much nicer - even if I DO have this long stick waving wildly around in the air and tantalizing the kitties.

If anyone should run across the old Susan Bates nylon circulars,any size, any length, please pick them up and send them to me and I will not only reimburse you, but also send you a present in return.

Do you notice the drop-stitch element in the length-wise striped scarf? Good solution when you didn't cast on quite enough stitches. And length-wise stripes make it so easy to use up odds and bobs and leftovers of yarn.

These are for the Red Scarf Project.

DH and I took a friend for a drive in the woods on Saturday. We put in over 100 miles in three hours, and probably went further than he had strength for, but gosh we saw some gorgeous scenery! He told us how, as a boy, he and his buddy used to ride their bikes thirty miles up into these mountains to go fishing. The heat would shimmer up off the asphalt as they labored uphill on their 1-speed Schwinns. Of course they were gone all day, and they must have been pooped when they got home, but I bet those were the most delicious fish ever caught. Can you imagine allowing a couple of ten-year-olds to go out on their bikes for that sort of jaunt today?

5 Comments:

  • At 9:48 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    And it's funny--when you do see ten year olds unsupervised today, you wonder where their parents are! Lovely scarves, Roxie!

     
  • At 3:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Beautiful fish, but the scarves are gorgeous!

     
  • At 2:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I like the scarves....the thing that tickled me the most was your mug. I love the homey look of it.

     
  • At 11:15 AM , Blogger Jeri said...

    I do love the old nylon circs. I think I have 6's, 7's, and 8's.

    And one of them came in a bag that said Susan Bates. Was Susan the only one who made nylong circs?

     
  • At 11:31 AM , Blogger Jeri said...

    ummm... What is a whoopty-12 needle?

    Jeri

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home