Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

And it's Wednesday again!

On Sunday, DH cooked a small turkey for us. (We are going out to eat on the big day. No over the river and through the woods to Grannys for us.) He makes a dried fruit dressing that is sooo delicious, and he cooks it seperately in muffin tins, so each serving has lots of crispy bits. In his opinion, Thanksgiving is all about the gravy. If you cook the dressing seperately, it leaves more turkey juice and drippings for the gravy - and he makes gravy that is so mouth-wateringly superb that it would make you want to rise up and testify! As for me, I can take gravy or leave it alone. It's the leftovers - specifically the hash, that trips all my triggers. Two days after the primary feast, I take the broken remains of the meat, the left-over potatoes, vegetables and gravy, mix them together, reheat, and feast. It's the way the flavors combine, the textures complement one another, the remenents become glorified! Yesterday was hash night. Today, it's hash for my lunch! Oh, I am a happy girl!!

Thanks for your input on the cookie question. I will pick up a can of orange juice concentrate and a can of raspberry juice concentrate, and take it from there. Plain rum, cinnamon, orange, raspberry and bourbon. Yep, that should be a good selection for the chockaholics on my list!

Last night we had our final dance class for the year. It's excellent exercise and lots of fun. But it did get in the way of me finishing another scarf. Tomorrow.



So I close with a picture of the hat and neck gaiter I knitted for Miz G. lo these many weeks ago. She confirms its weather-worthyness, calling it, "Below zero accessories."

6 Comments:

  • At 8:54 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Wow--that saturated color is awesome--and the knitting is pretty darn spiffy! Happy holidays, darlin'--and enjoy the hash!

     
  • At 8:55 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Wow--that saturated color is awesome--and the knitting is pretty darn spiffy! Happy holidays, darlin'--and enjoy the hash!

     
  • At 8:55 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Wow--that saturated color is awesome--and the knitting is pretty darn spiffy! Happy holidays, darlin'--and enjoy the hash!

     
  • At 10:19 PM , Blogger Janette said...

    I can see Amy Lane is really taken with that colour and so am I - just gorgeous Roxi. That colour would look fabulous on you.

    The DH Sunday dinner sounds delicious. I'm with DH, love the gravy and cripsy bits.

     
  • At 3:52 AM , Blogger Yeah So said...

    I'm with you on the hash, leftovers is the best part. I don't think I even eat the turkey on thanksgiving, too many good side dishes!

     
  • At 12:17 PM , Blogger Lucia said...

    We're not having turkey, but we will have roast chicken on Saturday... now it will have to be with gravy. Yum, yum.

    Love that blue.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home