Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Spinning at last!

If I got one thousand words in on the novel yesterday, I would allow myself to spin. I had time to spin one and a half bobbins. Wah hoo! I finished off some sky blue merino, and started some willows-and-spring-sky colored blend with shiney stuff in it to delight my inner magpie. I think I'll ply the merino on itself. It looks sock-able.

The one thousand worrrds are not perfect. I woke up knowing that some things would need to be expanded, and characters will need to be better defined, but I am excited to get in another thousand today. (And then I can take some Joanne's coupons and go buy trinkets for Miz G's hat. And then I can spin!!)

The hat is moving along quickly, but eating yarn faster than I had anticipated. So the matching scarf will have a stripe or several of a closely hued tweed. And maybe a bit of tweed embellishing the hat as well to unify the look. I love knitting by guess and desperation. Things turn out so much more interesting that way.

Time to write! Our newly widowed Susan has turned down a proposal of marriage and has to decide what to do with her life. Her husband was a scoundrel and a cheat, so grief doesn't complicate things much.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:57 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    hee hee hee...I told my husband once that modern day romance heroines were either widowed or on the rebound from the controlling older men they married in the romance books of the seventies... I love that theory:-) I also love knitting by guess and desperation... (How can I use that one last ball of supercool yarn that was discontinued five years ago?) Much fun.

     
  • At 11:30 AM , Blogger Lucia said...

    I love Amy's theory, too -- that's so perfect! With luck this time around they will find a man who is maybe a bit less studly but makes them laugh like crazy -- which, strangely enough, is what happened to me, and I didn't even have to change men. Yes, I am a very fortunate woman.

    You are a fortunate woman too, if you are actually looking forward to writing another thousand words. No writer's block for you today!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home