Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Gotta shop

I have today off to go get my teeth cleaned, pick up the cruise tickets, and get the house picked up for the ladies' knitting group. Also, to bake mini cheesecakes and hide them in a plastic box in the bottom back of the fridge where DH can't find them. Also make giant batch of cookie dough and freeze it in spoonfulls to be baked as needed (or eaten raw out of the freezer by the woman with NO self-control) On Saturday morning I will be baking cookies and pumpkin cupcakes, so the house will smell yummy when the guests arrive. Serving also mini-cheesecakes, grapes, cheese and foccacia bread. And teas. Maybe a thermos of Starbucks. (I make dreadful coffee.)

And on the way to and from, I must stop at a yarn store and pick up something in magenta or turquoise for MizG. for a hat and scarf. I may have something appropriate in the stash, but there's no time to look. Life is sooooo hard! (snirk)

Old Black Jack, the incontinent has begun having fits. He tumbles onto his back, twists his head around as if trying to bite his rump, and his hind feet thrash frantically. Either he is trying to scratch a powerful itch on his back, or he's having some sort of seizure. I used Sargent's flea control medicine on allll the cats last week, right before he began having his control problems. and Candy has retreated to dark quiet hiding places since then as well. I don't thin she feels well either. That's the problem with second-hand cats. No warranty. But you can't help adoring the little fuzz-butt crapweasles. And they give good value for the investment.

The quilt cover is probably 1/3 done. I'll have to lay it out and measure. Darn, I wish I had a digital camera. Soon. soon.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:37 AM , Blogger Lucia said...

    I've known a lot of cats to do something like that when someone scratches their back, like they want to help. He sounds like he's feeling his age, though, poor kitty. Ed seemed a little under the weather this morning too. At least no one's been up a tree lately.

     
  • At 11:02 AM , Blogger JulieLoves2Knit said...

    It's there - right in The Nugget!! how cool for you!!!
    You know - we might have met in a previous time - I too spent part of my summers here in Camp Sherman! I'm sure we at least crossed paths riding bikes down to the store for candy!!!
    I would so love to move here permantly - have to win the lottery first though.

     
  • At 12:10 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Ooh...be careful with flea control...sometimes it gives them 'hot spots'--that's what Black Jack sounds like...enjoy your busy day, and don't forget to brag a little about your article!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home