Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Monday, October 16, 2006

Monday adrift

I feel rather fog-bound and anchor-less today. Without the structure of the job to work around, I really don't know where to begin. Yesterday, we lolled in the new bed untill noon, read the paper (We looked so cute, propped up in bed together with our spectacles on and newspaper strewn about.) then DH slaughtered demon cows on the computer, and I watched CSI on TIVO and worked on the interminable silk sweater. Man, do we know how to party or what? Oh, well, the occasional "down" time is good for any system.

So I have been working on cleaning up the e-correspondence, and after I get dressed, I will finish that quilt duvet. And then? Shop for flea-dip and bombs. Do not waste your money on Sentry "Purrscriptions"systemic flea killer! I thought I would save a few bucks by using the Sentry instead of the Advantage. BAD IDEA!! It made all the cats sick, and now the cats and the whole house are crawling with fleas! We're ALL suffering, so it's time for more toxic chemicals. YUCK!! Poor kitties.

And if I get one thousand words written on the Western today, I will allow myself to spin some of my new fiber. Much as I love the process of writing, it's hard to get into it. I often need bribes.

Wish I could post a picture of today's misty, watery dawn. The sun diffused through the clouds like a sort of rosy tea-bag, steeping swirls and trails of color all through the air. This wasn't a sunrise that happened way off on the Eastern horizon. This one soaked the neighborhood with brief subdued glow so passing joggers were swimming through a thin fog of magic. The show lasted almost three minutes. Thank the powers that be that I was awake to enjoy it!

May your lives be insect-free!

6 Comments:

  • At 9:33 AM , Blogger Lucia said...

    I love those rose-colored moments. We get them more often at sunset -- usually our misty dawns are just plain damp.

    Good luck with the words! May they line up and fall onto the page for you.

     
  • At 9:43 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    I love Advantage-- sometimes we only have to do it a couple of times a year because it works so well... (Pergo floors in part of the house help too...)

     
  • At 9:45 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Oh... yeah wait... I was going to say that I'm so excited that you're reading my book (and that you seem to like it!) that I can't hardly stand it... yeah, it does get a little intense...I don't know why I write like that...I seem so normal on the outside:-)

     
  • At 5:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Man, I HATE flea infestations! We had a bad go 'round with that in Seattle years ago, it is was a nightmare. (It ended up being the neighbor's infested cat would keep coming over by way of the balcony and re-infesting us!)
    Ok, party on over there.

     
  • At 6:53 PM , Blogger Tammy said...

    I got a one year prescription of Frontline I think, from a vet that we were told about by a really nice young lady at Petco. (It was a ton less expensive than getting it from Petco) He didn't even need to see the cat. It did take us a while to get rid of the fleas, but that was because I didn't want to do the bombs, maybe a month? I used Borax instead, sprinkled it all over the carpet, and furniture and let it sit for several days before vacuuming it up.

     
  • At 11:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I put Sentry Purrscriptions on my cat, and it made him scratch a big hole in his fur, it was all red and nasty looking and I had to take him to the vet, they had to give him topical antibiotics.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home