Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Monday, October 09, 2006

Sewing day!

DH has decided that we need a new bed. We are moving up from Queen-size to King-size. (And we are getting alll the bells and whistles with individual softness controls and hospital -like adjustments to raise and lower different sections as desired. So I can sleep with my knees lifted, and he can sleep with his head and shoulders lifted, and we both can be propped up for reading the Sunday papers in bed.

So we no longer need the queen-size sheets, but we do need a king-size bedspread. And I LOVE to piece fabrics together. Today is a big bedspread piecing push. Whee!!

On Saturday night, we went out with friends to watch a magician at the local comedy club. He worked with a Netherland Dwarf bunny named Stew. After Stew's last trick where he was disappeared, one fellow in the back kept calling out, "Where's Stew?" The magician did a series of tricks with doves vanishing and re-appearing, but the guy in the back was still worried about Stew. We left, never knowing what happened to Stew. I, however, have visions of the club being raided, and the police patting down the magician and removing dozens of doves and silk scarves and packs of cards and collapsing wands from the guy's coat, and then, while patting down the pants, they find Stew, snoozing in a pocket down by the ankle. You never use up a good stew in one day.

4 Comments:

  • At 11:24 AM , Blogger Yeah So said...

    Oh you're gonna love that king size bed!! I swear ours saved our marriage!! Good luck with the bedspread, hope you post pics of your handiwork.

     
  • At 12:25 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Go Stew the bunny! And go big bed-- we got a King sized when the big kids were 3&5 and kept crawling in to sleep w/us... it was awesome...felt big enough to surf in...

     
  • At 1:41 PM , Blogger Tammy said...

    Cute, cute, cute. I ordered your book and it came today. Kim took one look at it and squealed!! We will start reading it together later today!! It looks good!!

    Have fun sewing. I need to be doing the same thing. We have a nephew's birthday coming up next week. He picked out some cool military quilt pieces so I thought I'd make him a pillow with them.

     
  • At 2:45 PM , Blogger Lucia said...

    Lucky you! I am Sewing Impaired.

    I was once sawn in half during a magic act -- got picked out of the audience and brought up on stage. Unfortunately I have no idea how he did it.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home