Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Friday, September 22, 2006

Farewell Persephone

First day of autumn. Hades gets his wife back, and her mom, Demeter, swamps the world with her empty-nest syndrome. And the big blue ball keeps turning.

On days when I have to go to work, I have to start getting dressed at 7 so I can unlock the office at 8. Since I'm up from 5, that gives me two measley hours to eat breakfast, read the paper and do e-mail and blogging. I hate days when I have to go to work. I love nattering on, self-indulgently at length about any and every thing, lingering over a second cup of tea, taking time to pet the kitties when they come and park themselves on the paper. Well, I can kiss that crap goodbye for a while. I will be working 45 hours next week, since both the full-time staff will be gone. Just me and the new boss. She's good, but she's new.

And today, I'm taking GED tests to the jail, so dressing takes extra thought. No scarves or necklaces or earrings. (Don't provide handles for these folks with poor impulse control) but make sure to have layers since the heating / cooling is erratic.

So, much as I love the pay (!!!) I hate not having the time to beeble on the blog. Gotta go, dear hearts. Good day to you all!

2 Comments:

  • At 9:21 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Bye Roxie-- I feel your pain! (And I agree--there's no such thing as WRONG knitting...but there is HARD knitting...I wish my friend would not make one more thing harder on herself, that's all...)

     
  • At 9:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That's exactly why I get up so early: so I can have some quality ME time before work. I don't want my day job to suck all the good life out of me, so mornings are my time to relax and start the day creatively.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home