Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, August 06, 2006

What a wedding!

Miss L from my writer's group, after decades of co-habitation, finally agreed to make an honest man of Mr. B. They tied the knot at her brother's place, a comfy home wayyyy out in the woods. As I was following the excellent map and the excellent signs, I noticed ahead of me on the winding mountain roads, a gorgeous vintage red convertible that looked like maybe a stutz-bearcat, but what do I know about cars? However, I DID know that, since Miss L. and Mr. B. do classic car restoration (Miss L. also used to drive in stock-car races!) this car was probably headed for their wedding. Soon, we had a parade of six other wedding-bound cars following the red convertible. It's a darn good thing that they didn't get lost.

There couldn't have had a better day if they had picked it out of a catalog - sunny, low 80s, mild breeze. The ceremony was performed in front of a stand of firs that shaded the joyous audience. There was a pool, and a gazillion giggly, gleeful kids. There was a potluck feed and tables in the shade and tubs full of ice and bottled water and beer. There was a live rock and roll band. And for a wedding cake, they did a potluck on that as well, so we got our choices of German chocolate, Pink champagne, Lemon, Red velvet, a chocolate cheesecake, and a chocolate candybar pie. Lots of leftovers too!

The bride wore a dress (!) and hairspray (!!) and makeup ( are pigs flying?) And she looked just stunnning!! The groom wore a nice, custom-made hawaiian shirt and a big, goofy grin. Last time I saw a guy that happy was when DH and I got hitched.

As for something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue, she had a pair of old amber earrings loaned by a friend, a new brown and tan halter neck dress that showed off her gorgeous trim back to perfection, and a big blue bruise under one eye that she had picked up while gardening. She bent to water a plant and nearly gouged her eye out on a bamboo plant stake. She now has a new motto. "Any day you don't put your eye out is a glorious day!"

There were tubs full of ice with bottled water and beer. The wandering mitten did yet another tub crawl, but the ligting may not have worked. I will burn a few more photos today and get the roll of film in to Costco ASAP.

3 Comments:

  • At 2:08 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Sounds like a truly lovely day... (and you know such exciting people! Stock car-restoring writer people...fabulous fun) Many good wishes to Miss L and Mr. B... (and because I can't find your e-mail...I did CO/BO fringe after about 3 rows of i-cord on the floppy hat...if I had my druthers, I would have gone on about one more inch before splitting for the 'ears'--I was following a pattern for one point and wasn't thinking...)

     
  • At 3:45 PM , Blogger Pat K said...

    Sounds like a great time was had by all! I love parties like this one you describe.

     
  • At 6:31 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    It sounds like a very auspicious start to their life together! And I love Miss L's (Mrs. B's ?)motto - totally sounds like a keeper.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home