Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

A finished object

I completed the Surprise Sweater last night, in Colorado Bronco colors, so Tara, it's OK to go ahead and have that baby now. I will give the sweater to CB today. By the time it's cool enough to wear it, the little guy will be big enough to fit it. Everything works out as it should.

I was thinking, as I knit, of the bad old days before air-conditioning when women went into labor and gave birth in triple digit weather. You would have needed three friends standing by just to fan the poor mother. Thank God for modern conveniences!!

The orphan sweater is just a sleeve and a neck away from completion as well. If things are as slow at work as they were yesterday, I'll be able to finish, and start one in handspun as well. Use up that motley dye experiment stuff. Size 10 needles just fly through the work!! Boy, when I get the picture-posting figured out, you guys are in for a deluge!



omigawd I may have something here! It's snowball, the neighbor's cat, with my yellow tea-cozy.

3 Comments:

  • At 4:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    It all sounds great, and pixs will surely help a LOT. Except for that birthing in 100 degree weather with fans.

     
  • At 6:00 PM , Blogger JulieLoves2Knit said...

    Isn't it nice that it's cooled down a bit - sleeping is so much better!!
    The smoke finally cleared this afternoon - Sisters was really bad this AM - can't believe they didn't close the hwy - I had to slow down to about 25 from Sisters to Indian Ford!!
    So did your brother live in the grey house on Summer Lane - drove by yesterday because it's for rent and thought I'd check it out....I'm not moving to Camp Sherman anytime very soon but wondered what was available in the future....
    Hope you get the picture posting figured out!

     
  • At 3:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Snowball is adorable. I may have to kidnap her.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home