Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Tuesday is it the eleventh already?

The quilt top is done. I think. I might find something for a border. It's 48" x 66" right now. It will loose an inch each way when I sew on the backing. A border can expand it to any size. I could pick up the sagey green, or maybe the mauve and eggplant tones. Depends on the fabric available. And maybe I'll add a double layer of batting to make it extra squooshy?

Today I will write one thousand words on the western. And maybe spin and ply the hot pink roving. I balled up the yarn spun and plied from the other three bumps yesterday, so it will be ready for projects at the drop of a needle.

Don't you just hate it when you work all day and the project doesn't grow at all, and no matter how often you measure it, nothing happens, and then the next morning, it's suddenly two inches (feet / whatever) longer? My white sweater has been interminably unfinished, and now there are just a few more squares and the front band to finish. When did that happen?

On Sunday I went to the farmer's market and picked up my holly needles from phil Lingelbach www.philsdeepwoodfarm.com and already I am getting greedy for more. Not only are they exactly what I wanted, (beautiful, smooth,warm in the fingers and just crying out for a project) but he gave me six instead of the five we had agreed on!! That's good old-fashioned business!I started him out on size 7s. Maybe a set of size 3s? In cherry? Hmmmmm. . .

You know, the other dayy I said I was complaining abaouat being bored. It's not boredom by any means. It's indecision. I feel as if I'm standing in the middle of the living room with one foot planted and the other taking a step this way, then that way, then another way . . . Where do I start? Where do I start? This isn't writer's block. This is writing evasion. I'd better put a bra on and get to work!

1 Comments:

  • At 7:56 AM , Blogger Lucia said...

    Ah Harlot's Black Hole Knitting Theory. I don't understand it either, but it's definitely true.

    Speaking of evasion, I should get to work too. Since I'm at work it's a good thing I'm already fully dressed.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home