Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, July 16, 2006

sunday with funnies

DH works so hard. When he wants to sleep in, I let him. We had oatmeal and bacon and newspapers in bed, and then he fell back asleep. Bless the darling man. The sun is shining, the breezes are blowing, the hippie neighbor is doing yardwork with the Grateful Dead rockin' in the background. What a lovely July afternoon!

I'm still fighting with the photo load process. Miz G sent me a wonderful picture of the 15 mile an hour socks, and Arrrgh, I can't get it onto the blog!!

On the publishing front, I have to write some advertising copy. I wrote a 60,000 word book with plot twists and character development and story arc and the hero's journey, and now I have tell the story in 25, 75, and 125 words (for a businees card, bookmark, and postcard) in a way that will make the total stranger want to pay money for my amusing prose. Writing the book was the easy part. Marketing is misery!! time to put on my bra and get to work.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:49 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Amen to that...I sent out a packet for the first novel to an agent (cross fingers cross fingers cross fingers) and writing a 16 page synopsis about killed me... the book was 370 manuscript pages, but 16 little pages to sell it to a stranger? Remember the Epilady? That little vibrating spring meant to pull your leg hairs out by the roots? Yeah...I'd rather do that than write synopses of my own work.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home