Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

It's going to press!

I just heard from the publishers last night. My book is going to press. When it becomes available, in about two weeks,I will trumpet it to the world. (See me out in the rain in the backyard, over fifty, overweight, comfy old bathrobe and fluffy slippers, pirouetting and squealing with glee. there isn't enough clear floor space inside for a good pirouette.)

I got 1200 words in on the western yesterday. And laundry and even some spinning. And I went to visit a friend who has Lou Gherig's Disease and gave him a backrub. What a cruel disease, to take away control but leave all the intellect and sensation. I give a good backrub, so I can at least do that for him. (No, I don't do the "sensual tickle" thing. I give a good, deep-tissue untrained massage.) Writer's group today where I will also knit and meet with other fiber fans. So now, I'd better pull my socks up, face my luddite fears, and pay the bills on line. Yes,I will admit that it should be easierto pay them on line. I still don't trust it. So I enter everything by hand on paper as well, thus doing twice as much work as the old checkbook and stamp system. OK, I will admit that I save on stamps. Big whoop.

DH and I are taking dance classes in western partner dances. We learned two-step last night. Next week, Waltz across Texas. Great exercise, great fun! He is a PRINCE!

4 Comments:

  • At 10:03 AM , Blogger Lucia said...

    Diseases like Gehrig's are just too cruel. Good for you for doing what you can. (Sounds like a great back rub. You're lucky I live so far away -- else I would be at your house every day, whining pitifully and making holes in your screen door.)

    The husband, the book and the dance, great! Pirouette right down Main Street if you want, you've earned it.

     
  • At 11:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Congratulations!!!!!!

     
  • At 12:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    that is so cool you're getting published! I've always thought I've always wanted to write a book. But I guess not enough to actually do it. Someday when my life calms down. I went to U of Iowa home of the renowned Iowa Writer's Workshop. I took some writing courses there taught by some of the workshop students. It really made me want to be a writer, but life got in the way.

    A huge congratulations to you!!!!! What a wonderful accomplishment, you totally should be shouting it from your rooftop!

     
  • At 5:58 PM , Blogger Pat K said...

    And congratulations from me too. How exciting that must be!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home