Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Monday, July 17, 2006

Still not succeeding

Miz G e-mailed me the picture of the 15MPH stockings as an attachment, and it went up on the blog slick as - oh, slick as old Bill Harold. But when it comes to scanning and blogging, no dice. Guess I could send myself attachments and play with those. I've been banging my head against this wall for so long that I'm getting accustomed to it. When I got my Master Knitter's Certificate, I learned that you don't need to get it right the first time, just as long as you get it right eventually. Persistence is a survival skill!

This morning I took GED tests to some of the inmates at the county jail. It's nice to be able to help people over at least one of the obstacles to a better life. Names being changed to protect privacy, I told them I had come to test John Doe, when in fact, I was supposed to test John Buck. John Doe had been released two weeks ago. Of course, I do this on the day I'm taking the new boss in to show her the jail routine. So I get to look like an idiot in front of all the officers AND in front of the boss. No blood spilled or bones broken, though. My inner bookkeeper spoke up and said, "We tested John Doe last month. Today, you need John Buck. Now don't bother me again." Ooops. I probably ought to start writing the names down on a little piece of paper and keeping it in my shoe or something. There are days when my brain has as many holes as a doily.

I now have the borders and backing for the quilt, so now I'm off to solve seamy problems.

Oh, and last night I cut the front of my white sweater and crocheted around the edges. I haven't been brave enough to try it on yet. News on the 18th.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:30 PM , Blogger Lucia said...

    Is the problem with the scanner or getting the picture up?

     
  • At 5:57 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I have been tossing around the idea of doing the master knitter program. I think it will make me a better knitter, be better able to teach others and more confident in my knitting. What have you done with it? Are you teaching or did you just do it because you wanted to improve your skills? Just curious.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home