Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Keep your coolies cool

It's gonna be a hot one today. Dave Daniels at Cabin Cove (http://www.cabincove,com) has a great picture for a way to beat the heat. I long to go hang out in my sling chair under the walnut tree, but I have to take GED tests to the jail, and then there is the writing group to get to.

One thing I love about the hot weather is driving with the windows down. I listen to the classical radio station, and sometimes, it gives me opportunity to level the playing field. There was the time when a young man was driving along playing rap or hip hop loud enough to be heard three lanes over, and my station put on "The Ride of the Valkeries." I turned the volume up to "stun" and nearly blasted him off the street. I love the smell of napalm in the morning!!

3 Comments:

  • At 9:05 AM , Blogger Lucia said...

    Nice to have a Valkyrie or two around when you need them! We're having a break from the hot weather here. How goes the battle of the pictures?

     
  • At 9:10 PM , Blogger Pat K said...

    I can just see you cruising along with the Valkeries! What a good laugh!

     
  • At 9:44 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    I can deal with the music--it's the "No one else in the world has ever been young and wild and free" attitude that kills me... what, do they think we all pass go and collect our two-hundred wrinkles? Good for you and your Valkyries!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home