Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, August 12, 2017

Second Saturday Tea party

I got out my sarongs for decoration for today's party.  They're souvenirs of trips to tropical climes. From Australia to Aruba, Mexico to New Caledonia, Hawaii to Jamaica, Fiji, Samoa and one chunk of polyester scavenged  from a discard bin when I worked for Pendleton.  They make it look so festive.  I love my sarongs.
I've been watching the Great British Baking Show and have been inspired.  We had fruit tarts (cherry and strawberry)with frangipani filling. Also hazelnut tea cakes, sunny orange cookies (some with chocolate eclipses) fruit salad, and crackers with a slice of cucumber and some salmon.  And tea, coffee, cucumber water, lemonade, iced tea and ice water.  It was much cooler than I had expected, so the tea and coffee went over well.  The ice water - not so much.
Pat, Jackie and Moma. We sang happy birthday to Pat in harmony!










Pat got a tattoo for her 60th birthday.  Her daughter has the other half of the quote. 
Merilee, Diane, Jenny and Maggie, knitting and
laughing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home