Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, July 16, 2017

Sewing, writing, and God, I love being retired.






It's 9AM and I'm still in my jammies.  I've been awake since 5, but just plugged into the web, then doing some writing.  Breakfast was oatmeal and tea, as usual.  With applesauce today. ( I'm out of fruit.  We need to go shopping.)


We have no plans.  After this, I may get dressed and sew some more.  Slapping these quilts together is so satisfying!  Second-hand sheets give me basic colors, Estate sale remnants and gifts provide accent colors.  I am working through a ten pound box of six-inch Laura Ashley fabric sample squares(Thank you, Benita).  Ten pound of fabric goes a LONG way!  There is something rather meditative about feeding little squares through the machine to make bigger squares, to make something bright and pretty that someone can cuddle up with.  And I have an audio book running, so my left brain can be entertained while my right brain plays with the colors.

I have no deadlines, no schedules, no commitments that I don't look forward to.  A friend asked me, "What do you want to accomplish the year?"  Umm . . . inhale, exhale, repeat. Smile, laugh when possible.  Umm,  - - - Accomplish?

Lazy Sunday morning, and my eyes keep rolling closed.  And there's no reason on earth why I shouldn't take a little nap.  Oh, how I love my idle life!


1 Comments:

  • At 6:17 PM , Blogger Delighted Hands said...

    Beautiful little quilts...yes, only other quilters know your joy of joining squares! lol

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home