Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Friday, July 17, 2015

Ride on.

Spent some time at Oaks Amusement Park with Cera and Kyle.  Wound up riding the Screaming Eagle. Then the thing that spins your little cage around while the whole wheel spins around.  Then the whole world spun around and I decided that Cera could go on the centrifuge by herself.  Kyle rode the roller coaster with her.  It took about 2 hours, a bottle of cold water, and a nap before I really felt like I knew which end was up.  I used to be tougher than that!

We have had a lovely week with Cera.  I think she was a bit bored with us, but I warned her that we were old farts.  She and I did a kayaking trip with Enrgy Kayaks and it was too cool!  The weather was perfect, the river was calm, and the view of Willamette Falls from the water-level is awe-freaking-some! Our guide couldn't have been better.  I didn't want to quit.  In my next life I may come back as a duck.

On Tuesday of this week, Cera and I went downtown and visited the Chinese Gardens, then walked up to the record store on Burnside and 13th where Cera bought genuine old vinyl, then we walked back to Chinatown and ate Dim Sum. Cera is an adventurous diner.  Yay for her!

4 Comments:

  • At 7:18 PM , Blogger Delighted Hands said...

    I've never been adventurous at rides like this! I hate leaving DNA at parks!
    Glad your week with Cera was wonderful!

     
  • At 5:18 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Amusement park's aren't really my cup of tea. But glad you're feeling better.

     
  • At 6:22 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    Did you take Cera into Powell's??
    I don't do crazy rides--swinging in the swinging chairs is enough for me. You are still my wild child friend :)

     
  • At 7:01 AM , Blogger roxie said...

    Willow, I tried to take Cera into Powell's,but she really wasn't interested in some dumb bookstore, so we went across the street to Athleta- a female sports-wear store, and got her some cute leggings and a t-shirt on sale. (They have $60 micro-fiber t-shirts with silver salt in them to keep them from smelling funky.) Cera plays football and is hoping to get a basketball scholarship.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home