Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Monday, June 22, 2015

Estate sale

So Kyle and I happened by this estate sale.  And the lady had been a quilter.
I was in so much trouble!  There were fat quarters and half on sale for a dollar each.
I was as restrained as I could be, but the next day we went back and everything left was half off.  Fat quarters for fifty cents?  Two yard cuts for a dollar?  I was lost.  And I don't know what I will do with two yards of black flannel with pink roses, but I had to have it.  I HAD to!


So everything has been washed and folded.  Now, where am I going to store all this fabric?  I'm still hugging myself with glee.  Ooh, pretty!

Meanwhile, Kyle has committed me to make a quilt for his mom.  Who lives in Los Angeles.  And can't make up her mind as to what color she wants.  She mentioned brown and green, then she mentioned red, then blue . . .  not bright yellow.  I'll get started when she decides what she wants.


 Meanwhile, I have started a quilt for Kyle's cousin, a dear guy and a military vet who asked for red, white and blue.  Only 34 more of these squares to go.















It's wonderful how much knitting I can get done if I just carry a little project in my purse. (Yes, my purse weighs 35 pounds. I carry a lot of essentials.)  This is that yarn I spun a few weeks ago.  Baby hats for Med Team International.  So quick-n-ez.

4 Comments:

  • At 3:30 PM , Blogger Delighted Hands said...

    Excellent find on the quilting fabric! You will put it to good use! The little baby hats are precious; just right for carry projects!

     
  • At 4:57 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    You are so amazing.....

     
  • At 8:03 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    My work bag weighs in at a tad over 10 lbs. I had to reinforce the straps because they keep breaking.

    My purse probably weighs in about the same. There is always something to do in there with some hard candies and some tissues and the epi pen and a whole host of other things.

    You made out like a bandit there with all that material

     
  • At 4:16 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    Looks like lots of quilts to come!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home