Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, June 02, 2015

Baby blanket

And here's the baby blanket!  About 30 inches square in soft, drapey, machine wash acrylic and bamboo.

 I have been considering adding a leash to which one could tie the pacifier.  What do you think?  On my walks around the neighborhood I keep finding pacifiers which have evidently slipped out of the stroller unnoticed.  If they were tied down somehow  - -  I mean, even if you see the kid fling the pacifier out of the stroller, are you going to pick it up off the pavement and stick it back in his mouth?  Or will you pick it up, take it home, soak it in bleach, run it through the dishwasher, then boil it in distilled water for fifteen minutes?

And what do you call it?  Is it a binkie? A nuk (nook?)? A sucker? Pacifier?  Do they train oral fixations which lead to obesity?  Do they cause deformation of the palate which requires subsequent braces to correct?  Or do they comfort and quiet the adorable bud of infinite potential?  I have lots of opinions and no kids.  What do practicing parents think?

6 Comments:

  • At 3:25 PM , Blogger Delighted Hands said...

    Beautiful blanket! They do sell cute little leashes that clip to the baby's shirt...really pretty ones.
    I had four kids-they were all different; the kid chooses to use one or not, I think. I called it a binky. My son calls it that but his sister-in-law calls it a passy much to the horror of the others! lol There will be as many opinions as people. As far as parenting goes, it's all relative; just love the child to pieces!

     
  • At 4:18 PM , Blogger helen said...

    In Australia we call them dummies. I have no idea why.

     
  • At 8:33 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Lovely blanket-- and they do, they have 5 inch (maximum safe length) leases for pacifiers. Because the little goobers just spit them out to see what happens. (Lovely to come back and visit after so long! You are always and forever working to make the better a more awesome place.)

     
  • At 4:47 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I have been known to pick up a pacifier and wipe it on my shirt and give it back to the child. I figured they had to get used to the germs in the world around them.

     
  • At 5:08 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    By you adding a string then the blanket has to go on a certain way. Mom has to spend extra minutes figuring out which end is up.

     
  • At 11:10 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    A LEASH FOR IT COULD BE A CHOKING HAZARD. DON'T WANNA HANG NO BABIES!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home