Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Monday, November 25, 2013

lazy weekend

This weekend was clear, bright and sunny.   It was also colder than a tin toilet on the shady side of a glacier.  Kyle and I admired the sunshine's it made beautiful sculptural shapes and shadows on the bare tree limbs being thrashed by the bitter East wind, and stayed safely ensconced in our side-by-side lazy boys.  I plugged into a Terry Pratchett audible book, and knitted a mitten.  Kyle plugged in his laptop and researched homes in tropical climes.  When a home is reasonably priced, we are learning to ask, "What's wrong with it?"  I think sellers often ask for the moon when they would be willing to settle for the International Space Station.  And of course, we won't buy anything sight unseen.  I still like the big island of Hawaiii, but Puerto Rico is a possibility and there's something to be said for the American Virgin Islands.  It's years in the future though.  We just like to get a good idea of the market.  Something tropical, low maintenance, ocean view with at least one guest room so you can all come and visit.  Florida doesn't have any topography.  The ocean is rising, and just a few feet of storm surge will submerge most of the state.

After a Sunday of sloth and snacking, I'm headed off to Weight Watchers today.  I'll wear layers of clothes so I can shed the weatherproofing before I weigh in.

Mercy on the folks  in the midwest, Oklahoma and Texas.  Stay home, stay safe.  Celebrate thanksgiving with the extended family in some other month.  Share your turkey with the next-door neighbors this year.

On Black Friday, we are planning on shunning the shopping frenzy.  and instead, we will hunt down and bring home a Christmas tree.  Photos to follow.  News at eleven.


7 Comments:

  • At 8:06 AM , Blogger Delighted Hands said...

    It IS fun to explore retirement options! We knew FL was for us before we even married! You will find your dream spot.

    Have a good Thanksgiving yourself!

     
  • At 12:30 PM , Blogger Indigo Roth said...

    Ooooh, Hawaii sounds fabulous. Pop me down for a visit, won't you? Indigo x

     
  • At 12:38 PM , Anonymous benita said...

    Can you weigh before removing the layer, then again afterwards? I'd be curious how much the layers weigh.

     
  • At 4:44 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I'd like the warmer climate for part of the year but I do like winter (at least in the beginning of it, by March I am very tired of being cold).

    We're going to be lots and lots of rain/sleet between today and tomorrow. It makes me happy we don't have anywhere to travel to.
    Friday we're going to Bird-in-Hand and Lancaster to look for Christmas goodies.

     
  • At 5:14 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Hunting the wily Christmas tree? Be careful, those things are tricky.

     
  • At 2:19 PM , Blogger Lyssa said...

    I try not to leave the house on that dreaded Friday either...it helps that most of my family and friends have opted out of big commercial spending frenzies, so I have very little shopping to do. I'm planning to clean house and get ready for a road trip to Arizona for the weekend!

     
  • At 10:35 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    *snerk* a tin toilet on the south side of a glacier…

    (hon, I can NOT seem to e-mail you--it keeps bouncing back! could you e-mail ME so I can contact you for something silly/happy? And I got your Christmas letter… Chess nuts!!!! hee!)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home