Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, November 10, 2013

finishing off on Kauai

 Kyle had photos of the zip lining  Here we are, harnessed up and ready to go.  Look at that awesome scenery!
 That little white dot in the middle of the picture is Roxie, shrieking with joy.
Kyle even snapped a photo of the rest of the gang as he took off.  There was one other guy, and 9 women,  The oldest gal was 83!
Here's our little picnic shelter at the end of the trip.  It was surprisingly tiring.  The guides do two runs a day!

Yesterday we did the finishing up stuff.  We cruised out to the coffee plantation and picked up Kauai coffee, then we stopped at the Kauai cookie outlet and bought Kauai cookies (lavender is my favorite, but the passionfruit is a CLOSE second!)


We stopped by the ocean and sort of said goodbye.  Lydia does not want to leave.  Kyle and I are talking about moving here in five years or so.

See those dark clouds behind Lydia?  They moved in and it began to POUR rain!  We put up the tops on the cars.  We got back to Poipu shortly before the flash flood warnings went out.  The rest of the day was windy and rainy and crazy wild.  There were still lots of kids playing on the beach though.  Wet with rain, wet with salt water - at 81 degrees, what difference does it make?

So Harry and Lydia are headed back to reality today, but Kyle and I have another week we will spend On Oahu.  Going from the garden to the city.  Gosh this has been Fun!!

2 Comments:

  • At 4:19 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    You are so brave to go down a zip line. I could never do that!!!

     
  • At 5:42 AM , Blogger Delighted Hands said...

    Exhilarating! I would join in a heartbeat...a fast one! You are enjoying a trip of a lifetime!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home